Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 8/2/2003 10:28:02 AM EDT
I've deceided that my next rifle would be a .308. I had narrowed it down to one of the DSArms FAL models. They make some nice stuff.

All was well and good for a late August purchase until I walked into my gun dealers store today and saw an Armalite/Eaglearms .308 flattop. It seemed like a great gun.

Here are the questions. How is the quality of the Eagle? Did Armalite purchase Eagle Arms? Will the Eagle Arms stand the test of time? How is the quality compared to an Armalite .308 or DSArms?

Any help would be appreciated. The rifle has a 20" barrel and a flattop. How would you scope it? Leupold 4-12? Springfield Armory scope?

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 12:30:14 PM EDT
What's the asking price? You should really check out the AR15.com SEBR... Its a deal like you won't ever see again!
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 1:53:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2003 1:54:02 PM EDT by Halfcocked]
1. Good. 2. No. Other way around. 3. Yes. 4. ArmaLites are assembled by Armalite and they select the receivers and they come with a life time warranty. Eagles are assembled from kits by anyone else. Don't know anything about DSA's quality. 5. Night Force 3.5-15X56 NXS. 6. Nope.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:42:07 PM EDT
Wait... Two things... Correct me if I'm wrong, but Eagle Arms is Armalite. They just don't put Armalite on it because it is sold as a part and not a complete rifle. So... You saw an AR-10 That was assembled after market. I think that you should get the AR10A4 SOF Carbine and call it a day (for hunting!) [coffee]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:04:01 PM EDT
Doesn't matter what they call it or mark it, it's assembled and inspected by Armalite [:D] You are referring , I think , to the low end model AR10 - barrel is not chrome lined , and finish may be less perfect than the more expensive versions , but should function the same. Retail on this should be right about $1000.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:20:44 PM EDT
Eagle Arms bought the trade mark for the name ArmaLite a couple of years ago and uses this name now. They use Armalite as the flag ship name but still sell receivers under the name of Eagle Arms. Eagle Arms do not leave the factory as complete rifles unless something has changed recently.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:21:13 PM EDT
DSA is an American company producing high quality STG style FAL in .308.They are beautifully hand crafted with little kick.The AR have better accuracy.
Top Top