Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2010 12:53:13 PM EDT
I picked up a used one at a recent gun show. When I install it in my Armalite (plain jane M15A2 Hbar) it seems to bind the charging handle. It will go back and forth but not the least bit freely.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need a different charging handle? Did I waste my money?

Thanks for any answers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Could be why the previous owner got rid of it. Ciener offers no customer service at all.
If you are using a Gas Buster Charging Handle, that's the only one I know of that may
be the problem. It could be bent rails on the conversion or an out of spec bolt. Post
some pictures of the conversion and charging handle or the bolt being stuck while in the
rifle if you can... Happy to help but can't visualize the problem you are having.

Dave
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure the bottom of the bolt is not binding on the hammer too - a common problem that can be resolved with a Dremel .
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:11:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The bolt could be dragging on the bolt catch also.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I have not run into the problem myself so I don't know the exact cause but I do remember that Armalite does something different with their
charging handle that will cause the Ceiner type conversion to bind.

Just replace the chargeing handle with some brand other than Armalite

I run the Ceiner in Stag,Bushmaster,and Rock River so any of them would be ok for sure
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have not run into the problem myself so I don't know the exact cause but I do remember that Armalite does something different with their
charging handle that will cause the Ceiner type conversion to bind.

Just replace the chargeing handle with some brand other than Armalite

I run the Ceiner in Stag,Bushmaster,and Rock River so any of them would be ok for sure

Thanks! I really don't intend to use the conversion in the 20 in Hbar. I'm building a carbine for the wife. I already have the lower and I'm shopping for the upper. I just had a chance to grab the conversion so I did.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:11:14 AM EDT
[#6]
There are some $70 16" dedicated barrels on GB, supposedly overruns of a major .22 (and CF) player, thus GM barrels? Add a collar and you have a dedicated upper.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=190393556
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:11:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

There are some $70 16" dedicated barrels on GB, supposedly overruns of a major .22 (and CF) player, thus GM barrels? Add a collar and you have a dedicated upper.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=190393556
Could they be the best deal of the year.....

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top