Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
5/28/2020 10:18:12 PM
Posted: 1/4/2003 1:29:05 PM EDT
I have a RRA with the tacticle entry stock and I hate it(the stock). I have purchased an old A1 style stock to replace it, but I am not sure what else I need to replace to make this swap out work.
Will my spring and buffer work? The tube seems awfully short. I am sure that I am not the first person to make this change, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Mike
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:51:31 PM EDT
[BLUE][B]  If the A1 stock is the same as the A2 stock.I'm pretty sure your going to need a new buffer tube spring and buffer

Good Luck

Jerry [/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 2:00:54 PM EDT

Yes, you will need a standard rifle length buffer and spring to change to either an A1 or A2 stock (Both A1 and A2 use the same buffer and spring).

If you like the short length but don't like the look of the "entry" stock (I don't either), you could look for one of the collapsed post-ban stocks. I have one of these(fixed in the short position) that saves a lot of weight and is still capable of being shoulder fired in a pinch.  Looks good too.

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:46:43 PM EDT
Shorter stock screw on the A1 than on the A2
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:01:03 PM EDT
Your are going to need the following:

New buffer tube (A1/A2 is the same, the A2 uses a spacer rather than a different buffer tube).
A1 Upper stock screw (get a USGI one with a drain hole).  This is shorter than the A2 screw.
New buffer spring (A1/A2 no difference).
New buffer (A1/A2 no difference.

If your entry stock is in new/like new condition drop me an IM, I might take it off your hands.  Is it black or OD?

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:10:49 PM EDT
You will also need a longer bottom screw for the sling swivel. The A1 stocks use a longer one than the A2.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:22:28 PM EDT
there  seem to be a number of mods that you can place between the tac stock and the gun which add about 1 1/2". they require the use of the wrench used for the collapsible stock to install though.
i own a rra with a tac stock and thought i'd hate it so i went out and bought a a2 stock kit with all the parts and so far ive been fine with the tac stock. i think its my short arms
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:23:52 PM EDT
A RRA Entry/Tac stock with a Knight's stock extension ends up about the same lenght as an M4 stock opened one position.

I like that length for around the house.

The other nice thing about the KAC stock extension is it adds a sling swivel near the rear of the receiver which is perfect for either a single point sling or even a traditional three point sling.

Top Top