Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/4/2003 7:18:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/4/2003 8:06:44 PM EDT by HappyJack97]
I have been all over the web searching out ARMS products and images.A.R.M.S. mounts

Here's what I want to do, mount a scope on a flat top using #36 std mount and #35 track mounted rings.

There seems to be a few different styles of the standard length mount some pic's show the mount with an extension over the handguard and some don't some have screw holes down the center and some don't. There's two types AR10 & 556.

MOUNT 556

MOUNT AR10

What height rings should I use? can't find any ring height specs.RINGS

Thanks, Robert
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:36:05 PM EDT
Not sure this is any help but I use medium height #35 rings with a #35QD mount. It puts the center of the scope about 4 mm above the sight axis of the standard colt removable carry handle sight axis. In other words, about the same height as the irons sights so that you can still get a good cheek weld. I would say that the medium height rings are probably what you want if you are using a scope with a 40mm objective lense or smaller. For the larger scope objectives, you may have to go with the high rings to get the scope to clear the mount and/or handguards. It should be noted that the medium and high rings are simply the low rings with an additional spacer and longer screws.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:45:18 PM EDT
Jason, Does your setup return you to Zero after switching setups? Will your combo work with a Leupold 3-9X40? thanks
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:53:21 PM EDT
The way ARMS sets it up, is that if on a sleeve, most of the optics work with the Med. HT.rings. Check with them and they give you ht. you need for the he optic. Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:09:00 PM EDT
What I did for my purpose-built varmint AR was to use a set of ARMS #22 high rings. They come in a set of 2, each having the ARMS QD cam lock on the bottom. They run $90-100 at most online retailers, and you will have the simplest QD system with the least parts. For that Leupold, you will need the ARMS #37 ring inserts too, because the ARMS rings are for a 30mm tube, where your Leupold (and most non-tactical scopes) are a 1" tube. Bottom line, order a set of #22 and #37, and you'll have exactly what you need for a solid QD/return-to-zero scope mount. Just out of curiosity, have you looked into Nikon? My varminter has a 5.5-16x40 Monarch on top and it's amazing. I didn't even know that Nikon made scopes until a photographer buddy of mine told me. Not to start a rant, but myself and countless others in the area are major converts from Leupold, given the features, quality, and price that Nikon's got going. We were really disappointed when Leupold came out with their "new" VX series and didn't even bother to upgrade them really. Not only that but the price is ridiculous. I've spent the money for Leupold plenty of times before, but never again.
Top Top