Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2003 7:30:03 PM EDT
Finally all the parts came in! Ambi Safety, Ambi mag release, 6 position stock, heavy 16" barrel, 3 rail gas block, fliptop front sight, C-more quad rail handguard, detachable rear sight, tritium inserts, Ambi tactical latch, Ambi tactical sling ring for stock, lo-pro flat top LEFT-handed receiver, carrier and LEFT handed bolt. Put it all together and it looks awesome! Atleast that's what I thought till I put the loaded mag in to test functioning. Insert mag , pull back on ambi tactical latch , let 'er rip round chambers, repeat procedure and round DOES NOT EJECT! Examine problem and how could I have missed it.... DPMS sent a right handed bolt instead of a left handed bolt!.
Called DPMS, left handed bolts on back order. Man, that sucks!
Does anyone know where or who may have a left handed bolt I can buy now???? I want to finish this project. Suggestions welcome , except the one about cutting a port on the right side.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, you could always cut a... no, wait. You didn't want to hear that.

Well, to keep from appearing to be too much of a smart @$$, look at this:

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3627126618&category=383[/url]

(passing on advice from someone wiser/older)
Remember, ebay is your friend.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, put in my bid!
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:47:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Mrgadget,how do you like you lefty receiver? I'm thinking of buying one and building my next AR. How does it come,by this i mean does it need any drilling or filing or do you install the parts and go???
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 12:06:16 PM EDT
[#4]
You going to put that 6 position stock on a post ban receiver?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#5]
It so far has been a put together affair, every thing fits just right. Final judgement will be at the range when I get my bolt. Then I will be happy to give report on it. If this goes well, I may do a varment type rig with the FFT-SPBA receiver and 24" barrel.

The base lower for this project is a 1972 CAR Colt original. I am putting all the Colt parts including the original upper in storage.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top