Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/13/2004 7:21:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2004 7:36:51 PM EST by jblachly]
To celebrate the ban's demise, I built a lower (MEGA + RRA kit) and bought a Bushmaster dissipator upper.

Since I didn't buy a complete rifle, I don't have an instruction manual and I have a few questions:

1. How should I lube the rifle? Where on the BC does lube go? How much? Anything in the lower?

2. Anything special I need to know about cleaning it, esp. with respect to "breaking in" the barrel (16" HBAR) ?

3. I bought a package of "sighting in" targets from Bushmaster, and it includes instructions for sighting in with a 25 meter zero and "300 meter battle zero". My club has a 50 meter berm, but not a 25 meter berm. Where can I find good instructions on sighting in, especially some theory on how it all works because I don't like just following a recipie if I don't understand what I'm doing.

Thanks for everyone's help
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:35:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:41:33 PM EST
Thanks for the info, but I still didn't see anything on lubing?

The Manuals section was offline.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:43:39 PM EST
whats with the stock??
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:30:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By jblachly:
Thanks for the info, but I still didn't see anything on lubing?

Go to the TRAINING section.

There is a part on 'Basic Skills'

It covers clearing, cleaning, lubing, function check, disassembly, assembling etc.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:41:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By repub18:
whats with the stock??

A2 is too long for me.

Havent decided whether to install a 1" extension or an A1 (cav arms C1) stock instead.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:35:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By jblachly:

Originally Posted By repub18:
whats with the stock??

A2 is too long for me.

Havent decided whether to install a 1" extension or an A1 (cav arms C1) stock instead.

To truly "celebrate the ban's demise", you need to install a collapsible stock ASAP!

Seriously though, I like the length of the A1 stock so either a true A1 or Cav Arms C1 would be my vote
Top Top