Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/1/2003 12:57:11 PM EDT
I have a Bushmaster M4 Type AR with 16 inch barrel (and carry handle). I want to buy a sighting optic but am really confused with the ones available. I think I would like to mount it to the carry handle. I typically would be concered with close quarters use out to about 200 yards. I have seen Aimpoint M2's , EOtechs etc. used on the carry handle. What would be the best sightfor all around use? Are there any disadvantages to mounting on the carry handle? I seem to be wanting to go the EOTech 552 or the Aimpoint M2 route but am not sure. Any advice?
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 1:18:16 PM EDT
Why do you want to mount to the carry handle? You bought a rifle that has a flattop designed for moutning optics, so you might as well use it. You can mount an EOTech directly to the flattop and it will co-witness with an ARMS #40 backup iron sight. I use this setup with an EOTech 552 on my AR, and I am very happy with it. IMHO the EOTech is THE fastest sight for cqb and the 1 MOA dot allows me to shoot very tight gropus out at 100 yards. I don't have anywhere near me where I can shoot 200 yards, but I feel that the EOTech could handle the job with aplomb. I can e-mail you pics if you are interested in seeing how it looks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 1:25:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 2:43:57 PM EDT
Here's an EOTech w/ARMS #40. However, it's on a carbine and does NOT have the M4 type handguards. Notice how the EOTech(AA) extends over the handguards. [url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=57457&c=500&z=1"][img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/057457.gif[/img][/url] Joe
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 6:39:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Joe_556: Here's an EOTech w/ARMS #40. However, it's on a carbine and does NOT have the M4 type handguards. Notice how the EOTech(AA) extends over the handguards. Joe
View Quote
The EOTech will fit on a rifle with M4 handguards, it just has to be all the way back of the flattop, against the ARMS #40. This does make it a little difficult to push the buttons on the sight, but it is doable. Better yet, get an Knight's M4 RAS or FF RAS, then you can slide the EOTech forward and have a place to mount a tactical light, vertical grip, etc.
Top Top