Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/9/2013 5:28:51 PM EDT
Never used ADCO before but have always heard good things.  Not certain all the services I require.

I have a 16" upper I would like shortened to 14.5 or 14.7 with a permanent hider.  I can probably handle removing the barrel from the upper so I'd probably not need the disassembly fee.  I'm assuming I'll need the standard barrel threading.  What I don't know is if that's everything I want.

My barrel is the M4 profile, and looking at a 14.5 upper there is a small contour on the barrel just before the flash hider.  Would that be included in the barrel threading fee?  I'm thinking not because it would remove the finish.  Is my standard FH 1/2 x 28?

What were the typical services you guys used for shortening a barrel and permanently attaching??
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want the lowered shoulder behind the pinned/welded FH, you will probably want :

Perm Attach Muzzle Devices Blind Pin: $30

Barrel Threading Standard Barrel Threading,1/2x28 : $65

Contour Barrel M4 .700 X .700 muzzle step : $60
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Never used ADCO before but have always heard good things.  Not certain all the services I require.

I have a 16" upper I would like shortened to 14.5 or 14.7 with a permanent hider.  I can probably handle removing the barrel from the upper so I'd probably not need the disassembly fee.  I'm assuming I'll need the standard barrel threading.  What I don't know is if that's everything I want.

My barrel is the M4 profile, and looking at a 14.5 upper there is a small contour on the barrel just before the flash hider.  Would that be included in the barrel threading fee?  I'm thinking not because it would remove the finish.  Is my standard FH 1/2 x 28?

What were the typical services you guys used for shortening a barrel and permanently attaching??
View Quote

Just one thing; forget '14.5" OR 14.7". If you want the standard A2 FH, and its already on the barrel, tell them to use it and make it 16" total. They are going to make their own measurements anyway since they are responsible for making it 16" legal. Okay, two things - I would pay them to put it back together. I do not have the tools to install a barrel. They do a great job and everything was tight and straight on mine. The new crown shot better than the Colt original crown. I believe the A2 FH with a slightly longer barrel is less noticeable than a 14.5" barrel with an obviously longer FH. The longer FH 'sticks out' more than the slightly longer barrel.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#4]
You would be better off buying a new 14.5 barrel, getting it pinned and selling your old barrel unless you are really attached to that specific barrel.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#5]
right, I believe the A2 FH with a slightly longer barrel is less noticeable than a 14.5" barrel with an obviously longer FH. The longer FH 'sticks out' more than the slightly longer barrel.http://goo.gl/0U2hFr
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#6]
All good comments.

I'm tempted to keep the barrel and mod it.  It's a new Palmetto premium upper.  If I would have just waited longer to purchase I could have bought the upper I really wanted.  Was just tired of months of waiting for any upper to be in stock.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top