Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/18/2015 9:01:48 PM EST
Ok guys help me make a decison.. I'm between 2 barrels, a Faxon Flame fluted 16" mid length or a BCM 16" mid length..they are both identical prices, $239.00. Help me out please
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:19:31 PM EST
You can never go wrong with a BCM... I may only have a few posts but I've been lurking around here for a couple of years. Most people seem to be in agreeance that BCM is a great company. I have their upper reciever on my latest build and have no issues. Have you looked at other barrels such as the PSA Chf or spikes tactical chf? I've read a lot of positive things about those and personally own the spikes. They're manufactured by FN who has a contract with the military.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:00:16 PM EST
BCM. Its not that hard.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:07:05 PM EST
BCM will be good to go, 99.5% gauranteed.

If you're going to look at the other one still, which I can't remember ever hearing of before, just make sure to research them. If the price is a bit lower, you're giving something up. Is it something important? Research hard, and not just people who have bought one and want to get some justification in their choice by getting others to buy it.

If it's a barrel worth testing, someone's tested it. Look for that.

But if the BCM is good to go, and the other one is some budget barrel, how much do you really want to dick around with a build because of low quality parts?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:08:34 PM EST
I think I heard the marking on a BCM CHF barreled upper is the same as PSA CHF barrel upper?

Is there any truth to this?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:18:35 PM EST
The BCM barrel for $239 is not CHF. My guess on the BCM BHF barrels, they are made by FN but I'm not sure you'll ever get a definitive answer on that. Either way I'd take BCM over PSA and Faxon.
Top Top