Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/7/2010 1:06:29 PM EDT
Firstly, sorry if anyone has noticed my bunched of threads Ive made lately. Im trying to decide what firearm to get.
Lately Ive been kinda set on either a RA XCR, MSAR E4 or a Springfield M1A, but now Im thinking about going back to my original idea of the AR15.

Back in 2009 I was thinking about building a Bravo Company AR15 for like $1300. So Im wondering if that is still a good choice? Are there any good options out there? My budget is about $2000. With that Id like to get the gun, some ammo and whatever else I need.
So thats probably about a maximum of $1500 on the gun itself.

Now this is the part where I need help. I know there are so many options out there as far as ARs go and even some piston rifles nowadays too.

Like I said, Ive heard good things about Bravo Company so thats one option. I also heard about a comapny called LWRC and looking at their rifles I kinda want one. Any one have any comments on LWRC? I looked into RRA a while ago too, and they seem to have a good reputation. Would that be a good direction to go?

Heres what I want in my AR:

Obviously something well made and reliable.
Easy to maintain.
Something that can shoot inexpensive ammo.
I like the looks of mid-length rifles so I prefer that.
And it doenst necessarily have to have a rail system at first because I wont have the money for any accessories for a while.

So, for around $1500 tops on the gun and another $500 for ammo and possible accessories, what would you recommend?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
BCM midlength, BCM BCG, DD fixed rear sight and a DSA complete lower would be what I would do right now. Price it out, you will have plenty left over.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that would be the least expensive option. Ill probably go that direction, but does anyone else have any other opinions?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Spikes Tactical has some really nice rifles that are very reasonable, check them out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
BCM Middy complete rifle or BCM Middy upper on an LMT complete lower w/SOPMOD Stock.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
BCM Middy complete rifle or BCM Middy upper on an LMT complete lower w/SOPMOD Stock.

I tend to agree with the above. Get a BCM Middy upper with their bcg. Maybe one of their gunfighter charging handles as they are pretty nice. For the lower either order a bravo company lower or get either an lmt or smith and wesson complete lower.

If you are a lefty like me then maybe one of those kac complete lowers.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#6]
for the money and the same quality go with spikes
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#7]
My RRA entry tac is much more accurate thean my BCM 20in.

I like RRA yes they only do H bar profile as a standard option any other profile is special order, but they make great accurate ARs
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

for the money and the same quality go with spikes

And we're off!

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#9]
ok what kind of shooting do you need it for?.    You could get yourself a nice rifle with rails for about 1500 and then get some nice optics.   but if you are looking for a top teir rifle.  Noveske, Larue,  and Knights Armamnet are the 3 I would look at.  If you want a Gas Piston Gun then LWRC is a good choice.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#10]
http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=63_64&products_id=384

Get that, there is a 50$ off coupon code right now. That will save you 125$ and you basically get the same thing as a 16'' BCM M4 upper. I have a 14.5'' BCM and I couldn't pass up that deal on the spike's....that is a steal. It even comes with one of their heavy buffers.

Spike's also has a very good deal on lowers. So I would recommend getting their lower then get the stock and optics you want.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#11]
For the money Spike's is too good of a deal to pass up right now, that'd be my vote as well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:41:52 AM EDT
[#13]
For a complete rifle the Spikes LE M4 Carbine is a hard one to beat. If you want high end look at Colt 6920, or 6940, Carbines but a heck of a weapon.  I  had to decide between the Colt 6920 and the Spikes Carbine. For the cost of the Spikes I could get all the accessories I wanted. In the end I chose the Colt, but Spikes will be the next rifle in the safe. I am into mixing components yet, I am sure that will come as the disease progresses. For now I like a complete rifle from the same manufacturer. Good luck and post pics when you get it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I just finished building my first AR and have all of $1000 into everything and that includes 1000 rounds of ammo and 5 magazines.
Roggio lower 110
Stag 2h kit in the group buy section 614
5 magazines 45
1000 rounds of Tula from Cabella's $217

So for under $1000 including plinking ammo you really can't go wrong. I shot it for the first time this weekend and it shoots amazing. Lower doesn't match the upper completely but still looks very good.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top