Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/26/2011 11:09:07 AM EDT
Looking at the Troy TRX-308 (12") and the RA10-X11 –– wondering if anyone knows the weight of the Troy Troy is 12 oz, compare to the 18oz of the Rainier.

Also––anyone seen/used both and care to comment on which they prefer?  How much more  solid is the quad rail vs. the tubular rail of the Troy, and is the 6 oz really going to be noticeable after 100 rounds of firing?
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The JP VTAC handguard is awesome for the .308.  Definitely worth looking at IMO.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Bumping for some feedback
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#3]
had a 12" daniel defense on mine and loved it.  However, i just didn't need or use 48" of rail real estate.  I swapped out for the troy and have been very happy.  every ounce adds up, 6oz is quite a bit.  Plus, you can add small sections of rail if you need it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no experience with the Ranier but I do have the 12" TRX.  I like it a lot, the fit and weight are great and it's very comfortable.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top