Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2013 3:11:38 PM EDT
So, I traded my only AK for a new AR today and I don't know what type of optic to go with.  So far, on my other ARs, I have an Aimpoint PRO with Vortex magnifier, Aimpoint PRO only, Burris MTAC 1-4x, Leupold 2.5x fixed power scope, and a KISS carbine with a carry handle rear sight.  What type of optic should I get now?  I was thinking maybe an Aimpoint 2x red dot or a Leupold 1-4x power.  What says the hive?  BTW, rifle is a CMMG carbine upper with stainless barrel.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Choose your optic based on the type of shooting you will be doing obviously.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Post a pic of your current rifles, maybe one of there optics would suit your carbine better than the current gun it is on, and that gun may be a 16-20inch mid-length gas system that would be nicely complimented by a legitimate scope ie 3x9, 2.5x10, 4.5-14 to fulfill a longer range roll as your carbine would be setup nicely with the aimpoint pro's you already have in your stock.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#3]
u have a pretty good variety of optics already.  how about one with excellent magnification.  nikon m223 nikoplex 4-16x variable.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Choose your optic based on the type of shooting you will be doing obviously.

This...

0-200 Yards - Red Dot/ Holographic

200+  - Scope (with more than 4 power if you're shooting for groups)
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top