Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/20/2013 7:40:51 PM EDT
I need a light to mount on an AR

I live in a rural area so the light needs to be good indoors and throw to at least 100 yards with enough to identify, not just see a human is there
I hold the hand guard all the way at the front thumb over the top 3 gun style on a 13.5" hand guard

I want to keep my hand positioned this way if possible. I thought mounting the light with a tape switch on top would be the best way to go but am open to suggestions.

What light and mounting system should I use

Don't worry about budget

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:45:58 PM EDT
x300 mounted at 12:00 would work. The 500 lumens can be blinding indoors but outdoors the flood is very nice to have with a very bright spot that has a throw reach decent at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:09:40 PM EDT
If you want to know more then just ask.

500 lumen Surefire EAG Fury

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:35:58 AM EDT
Will both of those throw as far as I need?

Also how should I mount them so I can activate the light while keeping my hand in the position I described?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:04:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2013 11:18:56 AM EDT by natas66]
I have both of those lights, Fury Defender and the X300 Ultra and they both throw over 100yds, neither will disappoint, you can see they are highly recommended in this forum. As for mounting, operators preference...there are lots of mounting options out there in almost any configuration you want. If I understand you hold as far out on the rail as possible and thumb would be at the 1 or 2 o'clock position, just look at Jukeboxx13's(above pic) mount it's a Haley Thorntail and put it on the other side. I believe I saw a Haley with an extension to get the Ultra out futher beyond the rails that looked like what you want but i have no link. I know the Haley is popular with those who want to get the light out past the rails. Hope this helps.
Top Top