Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/30/2006 6:02:56 PM EST
My wife asked if I'd build her a "kinda girlie" AR15 a couple of days ago. I started a thread in the team forum but realized tonight that I'll probably get better specific responses in the technical forums.

The gist of my team thread is to see if I can locate pattern and color to match her diaper bag:

I think I'm going to use Duracoat and make my own stencils for the camouflage, but now I need to figure out where I can find the rest of the parts. I have an lower sitting in the safe that's been waiting for a project like this, but I need to figure out the rest of the parts.

She'd prefer some stainless accent's (yeah, well this is HER rifle not mine) so I'm trying to find some stainless parts such as the trigger, mag catch, bolt catch and barrel, maybe a stainless charging handle, and I'll probably use a chromed bolt.

I have few ideas on where to find these parts. I was thinking of buying an Eagle or Bushmaster superlight upper, but neither of those have stainless barrels. Does anyone make a 1:7 twist superlight stainless barrel?

Who makes stainless mag catches, bolt catches, etc...?

Thanks for your help!

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:13:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/30/2006 6:15:57 PM EST by Graveyard78]
I don't know about stainless parts, but you could always send parts to Robar and have them coated with NP3.

www.robarguns.com/
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:03:04 PM EST
WOA makes an 18" SPR SS barrel in a lightweight contour

http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/barrels.htm
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:40:50 AM EST
Oly's lightweight barrel is stainless.
Top Top