Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2006 1:13:10 PM EDT
I'm going to build a 16" 6.8 SPC upper to go on my Bushmaster lower.  This will be a work gun, not a safe queen/racegun/chair-commado special.  It needs to be durable, reliable, and accurate...but also lightweight and portable (just not SBR-kinda-portable, unfortunately).

So far, here is what I've been looking at for components:

-Vltor MUR-1A receiver
-Noveske 16.1” Recon, medium weight, SS, fluted, polygonal
OR
-A carbon 16" from ABS
-Mid-length gas tube
-LMT 6.8 Enhanced Bolt (w/ nickel boron finish)
-JP-Enterprises QPQ-coated TOS Full-Mass SS bolt-carrier/completion kit
-Samson Quick-Flip FFS folding front BUIS
-ARMS #40LSP BUIS
-DD free-floating 12.0” rail
-LaRue low-profile GB
-Vortech flash-hider
-Grip-Pod GPS02
-Optics TBD, but definitely on a LaRue QD mount
-DD rail mount QD front sling swivel
-PRI M84 Gas-Buster
-OD MagPul ladder/OD TD rail covers

Any problems, thoughts, or ideas?  Am I headed in a good direction?  Anyone know who might be capable of putting such an upper together?--ADCO/MSTN/Etc.?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems kinda fancy for a work gun.

Thread marked for later reading of input from other members.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Seems kinda fancy for a work gun.

Thread marked for later reading of input from other members.

That's what happens when you get an allowance, AND a write off.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I had Denny build me a Recon upper in 5.56 which is my favorite.  Almost the same nuts and bolts but I went with a Larue 13.2.  He is now building me a upper built around the Noveske Infidel barrel.  FYI, there is some guy on the 10-8 forum who had a 6.8 Noveske Infidel upper built and did a review.  Check it out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Steve0-

Thanks for the heads up on the review...I'll check it out.  Would you mind posting some pics of your upper? (Or telling me where they're posted, if you already have them up?)...I'd like to see it.  Was there a particular reason you went with the 13.2?-Just aesthetics, or to protect your barrel, or for more real estate?  Are your barrels fluted?  Forgive me, but what is Denny's website?  Thanks, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry, at this time I don't have picts of the upper.  The website is Global Tactical, you could find it in the industry section.  He advertises in the EE as Denny's Guns.  Went with the 13.2 for more real estate.  Standard barrel, no flutes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top