Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2003 8:40:22 PM EDT
Well, you guys have been a bad influence.  I started with a 20" Bushy with the cammo furniture.  I have been eyeing the M4 Tactical Entry by RRA.  Well, I thought last night I would post a "Woohoo, I ordered the gun" tonight, since I put a deposit on the thing and had my FFL dude order it.  Well, dog gone it, I went to the Houston gun show today, and dang it, brought back an AR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I hope my wife thinks she is seeing triple or something.  Why do I do these things to myself.

Not only that, I have already started to try to figure out how to get hold of one of the Bushy Varminter's.....Aaaaaahhhhhh.  I'm losin my marbles, and scouring out my wallet.

Is there a cure?  Treatment?  Or just totally give oneself over to the Black side?

Doc  
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi, my name is DocGP, and I'm an addict!
[AR15 crowd] Hi doc, we're addicts to![AR15 crowd]
It's to late to save this one.
Please parents warn your children!
Or this COULD happen to them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:50:32 PM EDT
[#2]
From what I hear there is no cure.  And I need some kind of anti-black rifle disease shot or something because I feel my first AR coming on and I know how this disease ruins peoples lives.  But I can just imagine an RRA from Pete in NH.  Man I get obsessed with just thinking about it.  LOL
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know about it ruining lives, but it sure does ruin the wallet.  [>(]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah, they get you hooked on the weak stuff...then they start you on to the strong stuff...AR 10s lol.  Why, just look what those pushers that run this sight are offering...the SEBR hehehe.  It's like the heroin of the AR world.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL   What I meant by "ruining lives" is that, from what I can tell, once you get hooked, you are hooked for life and is changes who you are.  You go from normal guy, to AR-heroine junky.   Just my .02  I'll let you all know how I change once I get my first.   :-)
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#6]
This addiction is what I call " Black-Crack"...
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a cure and only one, You must give me all your new toys now and never look back! [:)]
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 1:37:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't feel bad I started with a  Bushie 16" AK break, then built a 20" target Bushie, then a 24" varminter, then a 16" Bushie then 2 more 20" targets (for my brothers).  Your not the only one who is "sick".
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:46:50 AM EDT
[#9]
there once was a man from nantucket
who bought an ar and said fuck it
i'll get me some mags
and fly me the flag
if you don't like it then suck it
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:36:22 AM EDT
[#10]
The 12 step program:
1. Admit your addiction and buy;
2. More ammo.
3. Extra mags.
4. Optics. "Honey, Im done OK?"
5. Night vision
6. Bipod nad sling  "Yes babe, Thats It. "
7. Did I say I had enough ammo,  refer to
  setep 3
8. Accept the blame for you'r buddys AR-  
  ddiction. (His wife is prolly pissed)
9. New sporter. "(Promise wife nice vacation with the kids)
10. "Nice AR10"
11. Sneak the, "Nice Fuggin AR10, how much? Well, see it's summer am I really shouldn't. See,, my wife wants to take the kids to Disn... Say what? Yeah, that's a good price. You'll throw in a hard sided case and 300 rounds?  Well, Fuck Mickey!! Hun, we can't afford vacation this year. How about going to the water park instead. Hell no I didn't. You know I'n not buying another......(Sound of door slamming).." toy into the house.
12. Return to Step 1  
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:37:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Stop GUZZLING!

If you keep buying ARs that fast, you're gonna get hooked! Next thing you know, you'll be swapping with other addicts, and moaning about what you should never have swapped.

You could even end up a mag. whore. And that ain't pretty.

Pete
ps- I can quit any time I want to.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:02:40 AM EDT
[#12]
HEY Dude!!!!

Quit "Bogarting" the ammo!

[BD]
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:17:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey Doc!

Sounds like you affliction is really progressing.  
I've started with a DCM competition model, and now I'm thinking I need something shorter and lighter so I can try some of the tactical carbine matches etc.
I think I saw you as I was leaving the show yesterday.  I had just got in my truck and was leaving the parking lot at about 1:45 when I saw a dude matching your description with a couple other guys , carrying a black soft gun case.  Was that you?
See ya around,
Wade
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:40:57 AM EDT
[#14]
[rofl]Boy did you come to the wrong place for help!

All we can do is advise that it's an addiction we all have and the only cure is buy more.

Tj
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Your in good company.  Everytime I sell one, I end up getting another one.

[marines]

max
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Resistance is futile. Welcome to the dark side. YOu prbably have it easy though, I am trying to keep up with the rest of these guys on a poor college kid budget.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#17]
I have found the trick is to buy, sell, and trade so many times that your wife forgets what you have.  That way you can say:  "I told you about that months ago."

BTW:  I can stop any time I want to.  I just do not want to stop because I get the DT's
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#18]
It gets bad when you justify building another AR because you have parts laying around... as in, "... these spare handguards need a good home...".

Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It gets bad when you justify building another AR because you have parts laying around... as in, "... these spare handguards need a good home...".

View Quote

[rofl] How about I have too many mags and need more guns to put them in.

I've got an upper and furniture just waiting on a lower and trigger assembly. OH NO, I JUST REALIZED I'M ALMOST TO ANOTHER ONE.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Coming to this placed to ask for help with your Black Rifle disease is like going to the bar and asking them to help you stop drinking.  You don't REALLY want to stop do ya?  Didn't think so!  I stop EVERY TIME the wife tells me I have to!  Good luck with the new kiddies.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top