Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/12/2005 7:51:33 AM EDT
I am in the market for an M4 and i have these choices but I dont have experiance with Carbines. Which of these would you suggest? Any help would be greatly appriciated..

M4A3

Action:Semi-AutomaticStock:6-Position Telescoping ButtstockCapacity:30+1Receiver:Forward Assist, Brass DeflectorSights:Open SightsBarrel Length:11.5 + 5.5 Flash SuppressorOverall Length:32.5"Weight:6.93 lbsPackaging:Black Hard Case# of Mags:1Additional Features 1:A3 Removeable Carry Handle, Bayonette Lug,Additional Features 2:5.5" Flash Suppressor, 1" Black Sling

M4A2

Action:Semi-AutomaticStock:6-Position Telescoping ButtstockCapacity:30+1Receiver:Forward Assist Brass DeflectorSights:A2 SightsBarrel Length:16" Chrome-Lined M4 Profile BBLOverall Length:32.5"Weight:6.7 lbsMuzzlebreak:Flash SuppressorPackaging:Black Hard Case# of Mags:1Additional Features 1:1" Black Sling, Black Thermaplastic Pistol Grip,Additional Features 2:Bayonet Lug

M4A1 variant

Action:Semi-AutomaticStock:6-Position Telescoping ButtstockCapacity:30+1Receiver:Forward Assist, Brass DeflectorSights:A1 SightsBarrel Length:11.5 +5.5 Flash SuppessorOverall Length:32.5"Weight:6.93 lbsPackaging:Black Hard Case# of Mags:1Additional Features 1:1" Black Sling, Bayonet Lug,Additional Features 2:5.5" Flash Supressor

m4a1

Action:Semi-AutomaticStock:6-Position Telescoping ButtstockCapacity:30+1Receiver:Forward Assist, Brass DeflectorSights:A1 SightsBarrel Length:16" Chrome-Lined Heavy BBLOverall Length:32.5"Weight:6.93 lbsPackaging:Black Hard Case# of Mags:1Additional Features 1:1" Black Sling, Bayonet Lug,Additional Features 2:Birdcage Flash Supressor
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:08:08 AM EDT
Out of those choices I'd recommend the M4A3 because it will be easier/cleaner to upgrade to optics when you are ready.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:33:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4arc:
Out of those choices I'd recommend the M4A3 because it will be easier/cleaner to upgrade to optics when you are ready.

+1
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:38:37 AM EDT

thanks fot the help.. ive heard that i should try to find chrome lined. Also always go for forged receivers and not stamped ones. Is this information accurate?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:40:34 AM EDT
I would not choose anything with an 11.5 inch barrel and 5.5 inch flashhider.

Go for the 1st one with a 16 or 14.5 (with vortex or phantom perm. attached) inch barrel.

Get an M4 profile barrel or a lightweight barrel.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:41:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MIA_Philly:

thanks fot the help.. ive heard that i should try to find chrome lined. Also always go for forged receivers and not stamped ones. Is this information accurate?

Yes for a good general purpose carbine.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:52:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ridge:

good advice.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:55:45 AM EDT

Go for the 1st one with a 16 or 14.5 (with vortex or phantom perm. attached) inch barrel.

Get an M4 profile barrel or a lightweight barrel.

+1 14.5 with phantom
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:21:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 1:21:30 PM EDT by eklikwhoa]

Originally Posted By G_MAN:

good advice.

i plan on building one of these, hopefully within a week or two. i dont see anything wrong with it. what if i were to use one of those super accurate noveske bbls. that would pretty much out shoot anything if backed up and permanently attatched a 5.5 flash hider on there what would yall have to say about that?

but im sure most here actually shoot at other things than paper and cans for that to matter though

i love the 11.5+5.5!

sbr without the red tape

super fun gun, wish i would have never sold my "pre-ban" but hey there are others out there that needed it more that me but since the ban is no longer existant for me i am going to build a new one
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:35:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:

good advice.

i plan on building one of these, hopefully within a week or two. i dont see anything wrong with it. what if i were to use one of those super accurate noveske bbls. that would pretty much out shoot anything if backed up and permanently attatched a 5.5 flash hider on there what would yall have to say about that?

but im sure most here actually shoot at other things than paper and cans for that to matter though

i love the 11.5+5.5!

sbr without the red tape

super fun gun, wish i would have never sold my "pre-ban" but hey there are others out there that needed it more that me but since the ban is no longer existant for me i am going to build a new one

11.5 + 5.5 = all the disadvantages of an SBR + all the disadvantages of a 16" barrel, all rolled together in a heavier package.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:31:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:

good advice.

i plan on building one of these, hopefully within a week or two. i dont see anything wrong with it. what if i were to use one of those super accurate noveske bbls. that would pretty much out shoot anything if backed up and permanently attatched a 5.5 flash hider on there what would yall have to say about that? hinking.gif

i love the 11.5+5.5!

sbr without the red tape

super fun gun, wish i would have never sold my "pre-ban" but hey there are others out there that needed it more that me but since the ban is no longer existant for me i am going to build a new onehr

11.5 + 5.5 = all the disadvantages of an SBR + all the disadvantages of a 16" barrel, all rolled together in a heavier package.

im interested to hear the basics behind why the 11" barrel sucks compared to the longer one. as I said I really know next to nothing about carbines. i know handguns only and i know that their barrel length plays a part in how the gun can/cant perform but in most cases handguns dont have diff barrel lengths for the same gun. in this instance where the flash sup is 5.5, what difference does it make on how the gun performs rather than having a full length 14.5/16" barrel?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:43:23 PM EDT
is this one any good?

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976517677.htm
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:58:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 8:02:51 PM EDT by G_MAN]

im interested to hear the basics behind why the 11" barrel sucks compared to the longer one. as I said I really know next to nothing about carbines. i know handguns only and i know that their barrel length plays a part in how the gun can/cant perform but in most cases handguns dont have diff barrel lengths for the same gun. in this instance where the flash sup is 5.5, what difference does it make on how the gun performs rather than having a full length 14.5/16" barrel?

having 16" of barrell to go along with the 16" of pipe will give you
more muzzle velocity//better balistics//easier to shoot accuratly at longer range(ever try hitting something at 500m with a 6ft holdover)//less muzzle blast -shorties are louder even with the 5.5 FH and it will cycle more reliably.

yes that rifle is GTG
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:04:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:48:55 PM EDT

having 16" of barrell to go along with the 16" of pipe will give you
more muzzle velocity//better balistics//easier to shoot accuratly at longer range(ever try hitting something at 500m with a 6ft holdover)//less muzzle blast -shorties are louder even with the 5.5 FH and it will cycle more reliably.

yes that rifle is GTG

ahh i c. thanks so much for helping me out..
Top Top