Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2006 6:44:40 PM EDT
I have a stripped Stag lower and I'm not sure what to create out of it.

I would like to:
Shoot it a lot with inexpensive ammo
Be able to take down a coyote @ 200yds
Shoot it with iron sights

I was orginally thinking about a flattop 24" ss bull baarrel varmint setup, but with the scope and flip up sights it started to get pricey.  Then I started thinking about a 20" A2.  Now I'm just confused...

I know I should really get one of each, but my permission slip is only good for one rifle.

Also, I was thinking of a flash hider on the 24".  Model 1 Sales offers a threaded 24" barrel.  Is that overkill?

Thanks for the help!

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:14:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Take a little time and think about just what you want to do with this rifle.

Look at the pic posts it may give you some ideas

As for your 1 rifle pass ..... 1 lower + 3 uppers = 1 rifle * wink *     * hint hint *

24 bull will be a pain to take into the field.

If you are not going to shoot part 200yds you have no need for 24" of ss goodness

You can shoot 200 with a 16" barrel

I Hope this helps. make sure you post pics when your done!

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Denny's 1:7 16" chrome lined 'Operator' barrel
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top