Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/24/2008 7:09:26 AM EDT
Many thanks to the board for offering advice on which M4gery to get.  Christmas came ea few days early,  Picked up an LMT at my local store for a decent price, they are one of the few retail places not gouging prices, so I try to stay loyal to them when I can.  

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee14/notso69/IMG_0533.jpg

I got the BRD bad and between my SIG and my new LMT, I'm hoping my fix has been sated for a while.  It better be, because I'm poor now  

My gameplan is to move some of my toys from my SIG to the LMT (VFG, light, sling and maybe the laser) and set the SIG up as a Varmit gun.  

But again, thanks.  ARFCOM rocks!
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Great rifle.I can't believe you found an LMT in a store. I would like to buy one but everyone seems to be backordered on the internet. Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 7:20:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 7:29:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats and Merry Christmas!!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Great rifle.I can't believe you found an LMT in a store. I would like to buy one but everyone seems to be backordered on the internet. Good luck.

They actually had a whole rack of carbine's that had just come in.  They had two other LMT's both with MI rails and SOPMOD stocks, 2x Colts (not sure what model), an LMT/Sabre Defense mixed upper/lower (not sure in what order) and a Beautiful RRA with the mid length MI rails (extends beyond the fronts sight) already installed.  I was REALLY torn over the RRA because it was already set up with nice rails for $1399.  

My LMT came with the MI flip up rear BUIS and quad rails.  The only thing I added was a Daniel Defense single-pt sling adaptor.  Next purchase decison is whether to get an Eotech or Aimpoint.  But that's moot for now since I used all my gun budget on my last two guns.

If you're interested - Call Shawn Gilbert at "The Gun Store" in Las Vegas.  (702) 454-1110.  He was VERY helpful when I bought both my SIG 556 and my LMT.  They had a really good selection as of 4pm yesterday (Tues).
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#5]
LMT owner and lover

Nice carbine

Like you I passed on the LMT BUIS

I did get the SOPMOD

When you can try useing Black Hills 77gr OTM  also the BH 75gr OTM is pretty darn close to be as accurate and is OUTstanding for protection
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 7:55:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LMT owner and lover

Nice carbine

Like you I passed on the LMT BUIS

I did get the SOPMOD

I would have liked to get the SOPMOD stock too - but the LMT in the store that had it and the more expensive rails was a $300 jump.  So it wasn't worth it to me.  I can always add that down the road if I want.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 7:57:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When you can try useing Black Hills 77gr OTM  also the BH 75gr OTM is pretty darn close to be as accurate and is OUTstanding for protection

Good advice. thanks.  I liked the idea of a 1x7 barrel so I can keep my desired loads common between my SIG 556 and the LMT.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll be in Las Vegas next week.  

If he has an AR-10 lower at a decent price, I'll buy it for my new AR-10T upper.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If he has an AR-10 lower at a decent price, I'll buy it for my new AR-10T upper.

Do you have a NV license? They're not even supposed to let you handle a firearm without one. If you do, check out Discount Firearms, last I checked they had an Armalite AR-10 stripped lower for $250. I picked up my stripped DPMS lower for 150 which isn't to shabby locally considering all the price gouging post obama.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a NV license? They're not even supposed to let you handle a firearm without one. If you do, check out Discount Firearms, last I checked they had an Armalite AR-10 stripped lower for $250. I picked up my stripped DPMS lower for 150 which isn't to shabby locally considering all the price gouging post obama.

No NV license here.  I thought out of state rifle was OK, (but not pistol).

I guess I'm SOL.  

I can get one locally, I just have to order it.

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never once been asked for a NV license to look at a gun.  In fact I bought two black rifles in the last month here with a FL DL.  Of course Mil orders helps the whole residency thing.....
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#12]
My coworker was purchasing a shotgun but wouldn't do the NICS until he brought his mil orders with him. That's how I know they'll need it for long arms also.

They might not ask for it upfront, but when its time for NICS they'll need it.

You work at Nellis, Eagle?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top