Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 3:50:20 PM EDT
I posted this already and didn't get an answer on the Fultons.
Here in Cali we have a relatively short time frame to acquire certain lowers before the door slams shut.

I am looking at Stags and Fultons.

Can someone provide a quality report on the Fultons?

thanks
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Please explain the "short window" on AR lowers.  The last I heard (when I moved out of Kalifornia 6 years ago) all AR lowers except the FAB10 (which really isn't a true AR lower) were ferboten.

MadDog
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Please explain the "short window" on AR lowers.  The last I heard (when I moved out of Kalifornia 6 years ago) all AR lowers except the FAB10 (which really isn't a true AR lower) were ferboten.

MadDog

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=11&t=216604
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's the story in a nutshell. Yes they banned ARs/AKs. However, the Supreme Court here ruled that in order for them to ban these receivers they must name them (by manufacturer). So currently lowers that aren't yet named on the states ban list (receivers like Stag and Fulton) can be imported. They can't yet be assembled into ARs as that would violate another portion of the law. Yet, once they are added to the list they will be us 90 days to register them as assault weapons. Once registered we can build them into real ARs like all of you have. woohooo

So has anybody here used a Fulton lower? I need a quality report please.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#4]
The Fulton lowers are nice lowers. They appear to be made by LAR Grizzly which make lowers for many of the companies. I have no problems with the one I have.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Here's the story in a nutshell. Yes they banned ARs/AKs. However, the Supreme Court here ruled that in order for them to ban these receivers they must name them (by manufacturer). So currently lowers that aren't yet named on the states ban list (receivers like Stag and Fulton) can be imported. They can't yet be assembled into ARs as that would violate another portion of the law. Yet, once they are added to the list they will be us 90 days to register them as assault weapons. Once registered we can build them into real ARs like all of you have. woohooo

So has anybody here used a Fulton lower? I need a quality report please.

Thanks

If this is true and accurate I have a feeling that there will be a lot of deer heads on lowers in California...

Spooky
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#6]
So....wait.
Let me get this straight....you are going to register your guns?
Have fun with your AR - for as long as they decide to "allow" you the privilige.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So....wait.
Let me get this straight....you are going to register your guns?
Have fun with your AR - for as long as they decide to "allow" you the privilige.

IF it was my only chance of an AR in Cali, I would.

Shit, I had to get fingerprinted just to get a pistol in CT.

- BG
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#8]
hell since lowers are so cheep these days, whay not just get a few extra lowers and use the parts kit to register them on diffrent days,

build one register one, take it down rebuild on another and repeate, that way you could have a number of legaly registered ar's if that is the case
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Why would you have to build them?  We have to Reg them before we can take them home.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#10]
So can someone dumb down the process of getting my hands on one of the stag arms lowers?

My understanding is this:
I call them up and explain the situation to them detailing the contents of the letter that we have as proof.  Is it as easy as that or am I missing something?  Do I need an FFL to agree to do it first, or if they agree to ship, will most FFL's then agree to do the transfer?

Sorry but my knowledge of assault weapon laws in CA isn't clear at all.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Can someone provide a quality report on the Fultons?

Great lower no problems with it, and the "US Rifle" markings is Kewl in a chairborn commando kinda way.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top