Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2015 7:13:57 PM EDT
This is my first time "building" an AR and want to double check with you guys before I end up buying something I shouldn't. I have no assembling experience so I'm trying to make this as painless as possible.

I already have a PSA complete lower, will I be good to go with the following? (besides ammo/mags)
-BCM upper http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid-16.htm
-Magpul handguard http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG426/184
-Magpul rail (# of slots?)
-Magpul rear sight http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG248/MBUS

My questions are:
-Should I rush to buy this upper before they sell out or is it not a good deal?
-Will I have to mess with the BCG or is it already installed? Looks like it is, just want to confirm.
-I'll probably need a smith to install the sights but is the handguard manageable?
-Should I get the standard MOE handguard or the M-LOK one?
-How many slots do I need on the rail if I eventually want a TLR light and a foregrip? I'm thinking 11 just in case. Will that fit a mid-length though?

I'm open to any other complete upper with an FDE handguard - this just seems like the cheapest option right now.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered that upper last night. And have a PSA stripped lower on order also. Looks like we are heading in the same direction. As far as the bcg I think it ships in the upper but its not really an issue since putting it in and taking it out will be easy and is part of the feild stripping process. I was also looking at the same hangaurd. Just wondering how we will be able to add a sling? Will we need extra mounts? Dont mean to hijack your thread its just are biulds are looking very similar.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the same exact lower upper. You are good to go and is a good deal. The bcg is all ready. Did you order a charging handle also? A smith to install the rear sight? nope easy. Handguard? only you can decide. I personally would go with M-Lok, others may disagree.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:49:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I received that exact upper a few days ago, and a complete PSA lower is currently headed my way on the UPS truck, so we are going to have very similar rifles.

First, the BCG and charging handle (assuming you order one) came assembled in the upper. But as someone else mentioned, it's not a big deal, as you'll have to take it out every time you clean it anyway. It's not "installed." It just pulls out.

If you order the standard MOE handguard from BCM, they will install it for you.

You do not need a smith to install the sight. It just attaches to the rail. It will take you no more than a minute. You'll spend more time looking for a screwdriver.

For the person who asked about a sling, there is a sling swivel attached to the bottom of the front sight assembly. You can see it in the picture.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top