Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/17/2004 1:53:00 PM EST
I just got a colt side sling adapter for my bushy barrel, but I can't seem to get it to slide on the bushy barrel. The space between the barrel and front sight base seems a little to small to allow the curved ends on the sling adapter to slide through, but it will almost go. Do these things require a little "rubber mallet persuasion" or is it just that colt barrels are a little different spec than bushy. Any suggestions. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:34:32 PM EST
My gunsmith mounted mine & he was able to put it on without removing the site post but he said it was a pain. The pins were a bit tight to install! I think he did the brass hammer thing!

Good luck to ya!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:35:04 PM EST
My gunsmith mounted mine & he was able to put it on without removing the site post but he said it was a pain. The pins were a bit tight to install! I think he did the brass hammer thing!

Good luck to ya!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:23:02 PM EST

Good luck to ya!

Thanks, it looks like I'm going to need it. I guess maybe it's normal to have to use this much force to get the sling adapter on. I was worried maybe I was doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:37:56 PM EST
I finally got my side sling adapter installed. I have one more question though. I noticed there is quite a bit of play in the adapter when installed. It fits the barrel pretty tight, but the notches that engage the bottom of the FSB have quite a bit of play in them, causing it to rotate side to side quit a bit. Is this normal? I don't see how it could cause any problems, but thought I would check and see if this is the way they normally are, since I have never used a side sling adapter before. It might be because I'm using a Colt sling adapter on a bushy barrel. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:44:52 PM EST
Every AR with that type of side sling adapter I've seen has that little bit of play in it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:43:51 PM EST
Normal for the installation, normal for the play.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:16:57 PM EST
Thanks guys, glad to hear it. That means my M4gery project is officially finished (at least until I decide to put something else on it).
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:18:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/22/2004 7:18:52 PM EST by CJan_NH]

Originally Posted By sodacan_slayer:
That means my M4gery project is officially finished...

This thread is worthless without pics

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:25:25 PM EST
bushmaster makes a little thicker barrel in their M4 compared to COLT and RRA. I had the same problem a few months ago, ended up getting it on...but what a Bitch it was.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:29:06 PM EST
How hard is it to put a COLT side sling mount on a LMT M-4 barrel?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:08:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By CJan_NH:

Originally Posted By sodacan_slayer:
That means my M4gery project is officially finished...

This thread is worthless without pics

True Enough. I'll try to get my digital camera to upload some pics.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:17:40 PM EST
OK, a super newbie question...

I just installed same sling mount on a CMMG upper. went on easy ( with GF help )
Does the closed end go toward the muzzle? That's how I installed.
That's what I've seen in most pics - but I've seen it reversed as well.

Works just fine, but just wanted to make sure...
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:15:17 PM EST
I installed a RRA side sling on my LMT upper without any difficulties. However, I am suprised about the amount of "slop" in the fit. After reading thid thread I guess it's normal.
Top Top