Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 1:44:35 PM EST
I have a BM M4 upper that I have had for about 2 years now with zero problems. The last time I took it out, I had several failures to extract. The empty cases would stick in the chamber. I looked at the extractor/spring and it appears to my untrained eye to be in spec...nice sharp edge with typical wear. The casings do appear to have a few really small scratches which I am not sure is abnormal. I did take a military chamber brush and scrub it out good, but went out today with the same results. Very frustrating!

BTW I am shooting Olympic 55gr. which has never given me problems before in this gun. I assume that because the upper came from bushmaster that it is chambered for 5.56. Any ideas??

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:50:46 PM EST
Sticking in the chamber? Taking abnormal force to remove. Or just FTE.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:54:54 PM EST
There have been several threads here from people reporting problems with Olympic ammo. I've not used it myself, and now I'm not going to. My advice to you: try a different brand of ammo BEFORE anything else.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:57:49 PM EST
Usuall I have to run a rod down the barrel and tap it out.

I had not heard that about Olympic... I will try something else and see what happens. I also think will order another extractor/spring. It's cheap insurance even if it proves to be OK. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:58:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/12/2004 1:58:41 PM EST by FALARAK]
Ammo first. Olympic has horrible QC issues that vary from batch to batch. NEVER validate anything with imported, crappy ammo.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:02:26 PM EST
I don't want to unleash the dogs of hell here by asking this, but what IS a good,cheap ammo to buy?

Thanks for the advice...wish I would have known that before I bought 3 cases...

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:51:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By armednhappy:
I don't want to unleash the dogs of hell here by asking this, but what IS a good,cheap ammo to buy?

I don't believe that "good" and "cheap" go hand-in-hand when referring to ammo.

I buy Lake City XM193, and it's priced at $200/1000 rds.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:25:38 PM EST
Any good but inexpensive Winchester, Federal, Black Hills, etc...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:40:26 PM EST
PMP from south africa has been extremely consistent for me, and is fairly inexpensive. It's the stuff with the gazelle on it; .223, however.
Top Top