Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/20/2005 5:41:54 PM EDT
I am in the market for an ACOG.

Its for an AR15 16" Flat Top, planning to mainly shoot from CQB out to 200 yds and very occasionally to 300 yds.
For compromise fast target acquisition CQB and 200 yd accuracy, I am considering:

1) 2x20 . ER=2.1" . FOV=5.6 red triangle
2) 3x24 . ER=1.4" . FOV=4.9 red triangle (least consideration since smallest ER/FOV/exit pupil)
3) 3.5x35 . ER=2.4" FOV=5.5 TA11F red Chevron
4) TriPower

Which of the above would be the best compromise?
Which of the above would be the fastest for CQB?
Which of the above would be the easiest for BAC? (I am Left eye dominant & scope w/ Right eye)
Which of the above would wash out the least in sunlight?
Do the above ACOG's Reticle have about the same brightness in different ambient light & at night (TriPower pwr=off)?
Would an SN-4 or S&B Short Dot be Better?

Thanks for your Help!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks C4iGrant, The Accupoint does have nice specs. I can't remember why I am not counting it in the list..
I have been reading/thinking for days.. This is getting more difficult now instead of less difficult!
Your review on the vari scopes made me have doubts on an ACOG. here
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top