Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/3/2003 5:02:45 AM EDT
Guys,

Here's the back story...

I have a 16" Colt HBAR upper that does not have the typical (or maybe not so typical) slight step-down at the muzzle end of the barrel (not the M203 step-down). I am havng the barrel cut-down to 14.5" and want to have the muzzle step-down added. The M4's step-down appears to be shorter than the step-down on most 20" and 16" barrels. I am also concerned with how much of the original barrel markings will be lost in the process.

Here's what I need...

Anyone with a Colt factory 14.5" M4 barrel, please measure and post (in cm pref):
1) The distance from the front of the sight tower base to the step-down.
2) The distance from the step-down to the back of the peel washer.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:16:45 AM EDT
I would think the guy doing the work would have that info. I can't help on this one, but I can bump you back to the top.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:45:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By john316: Here's what I need... Anyone with a Colt factory 14.5" M4 barrel, please measure and post (in cm pref): 1) The distance from the front of the sight tower base to the step-down. 2) The distance from the step-down to the back of the peel washer. Thanks in advance.
View Quote
Here ya go - 1) 9.84 cm 2) 1.75 cm Your pal, Rex
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:33:18 PM EDT
you need KKF ,, Kurts Kustom firarms http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/8932.htm this man is the guru , tell him ron sent you , tell him what you want and you will get exactly what you want MONGO
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:56:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/3/2003 3:58:24 PM EDT by QUIB]
Originally Posted By RockRidge: you need KKF ,, Kurts Kustom firarms http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/8932.htm this man is the guru , tell him ron sent you , tell him what you want and you will get exactly what you want MONGO
View Quote
I second that! Kurt is your man! If the guy who's turning down your barrel doesn't have these specs allready I'd be lookin elsewhere! Go to Kurt!
Top Top