Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2008 6:48:16 PM EDT
http://www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/gas_blocks.html

Will someone please distinguish between the 2nd and 3rd gas blocks on the page and explain why one is better than the other.

I'm thinking about putting a 10 inch Troy rail on a carbine length gas system.  Will either do the job?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I just put the third gas block under a Larue forearm today, I've used the second one in the past. The second will not fit under a forearm like the Larue or DD. The third gas block will fit under the forearm, but it will not cover the holes drilled in a barrel for a standard front sight base.The 21.00 gas block is better as long as your not covering holes for the taper pins.

Mark
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 8:09:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you saying that the DD clamp-on gas block will fit under the LaRue handguard?  I have a LaRue coming and wanted to use the DD gas block but was under the impression that it wouldn't fit under the LaRue.  Talking .750" barrel here.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are you saying that the DD clamp-on gas block will fit under the LaRue handguard?  
I had to read the above post several times to figure out where you saw anything in this thread about the DD clamp on gas block.  I can only assume you misread the line where he said that the large YHM gas block will not fit under a Larue or DD railed handguard.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 4:51:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are you saying that the DD clamp-on gas block will fit under the LaRue handguard?  
I had to read the above post several times to figure out where you saw anything in this thread about the DD clamp on gas block.  I can only assume you misread the line where he said that the large YHM gas block will not fit under a Larue or DD railed handguard.

This is what I'm saying, the large YHM gas block will not fit under either forearm.

Mark
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Yep, I mis-read it.  I try to screw one thing up each and every day.  On 5/30/08 this was it.  Thanks for pointing that out.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 on the YHM-9383. I've used 2 on my last two builds, they work great under a ff tube.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top