Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 5/29/2008 6:48:16 PM EDT
http://www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/gas_blocks.html

Will someone please distinguish between the 2nd and 3rd gas blocks on the page and explain why one is better than the other.

I'm thinking about putting a 10 inch Troy rail on a carbine length gas system.  Will either do the job?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 7:07:51 PM EDT
I just put the third gas block under a Larue forearm today, I've used the second one in the past. The second will not fit under a forearm like the Larue or DD. The third gas block will fit under the forearm, but it will not cover the holes drilled in a barrel for a standard front sight base.The 21.00 gas block is better as long as your not covering holes for the taper pins.

Mark
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 8:09:39 AM EDT
Are you saying that the DD clamp-on gas block will fit under the LaRue handguard?  I have a LaRue coming and wanted to use the DD gas block but was under the impression that it wouldn't fit under the LaRue.  Talking .750" barrel here.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 11:54:14 AM EDT

Quoted:
Are you saying that the DD clamp-on gas block will fit under the LaRue handguard?  
I had to read the above post several times to figure out where you saw anything in this thread about the DD clamp on gas block.  I can only assume you misread the line where he said that the large YHM gas block will not fit under a Larue or DD railed handguard.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 2:56:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 4:51:18 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are you saying that the DD clamp-on gas block will fit under the LaRue handguard?  
I had to read the above post several times to figure out where you saw anything in this thread about the DD clamp on gas block.  I can only assume you misread the line where he said that the large YHM gas block will not fit under a Larue or DD railed handguard.

This is what I'm saying, the large YHM gas block will not fit under either forearm.

Mark
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 11:49:01 AM EDT
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Yep, I mis-read it.  I try to screw one thing up each and every day.  On 5/30/08 this was it.  Thanks for pointing that out.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:50:56 PM EDT
+1 on the YHM-9383. I've used 2 on my last two builds, they work great under a ff tube.
Top Top