Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 6/6/2008 2:49:16 PM EDT
Have a CMMG midlength LW upper with a round handguard endcap but missing the  handguards. Also have a set of new ADCO middy plastic single-head shield handguards.

I can get one of them in, but it takes up just over half of the available space in the front endcap. There is no way to get them both on.

Should I begin fitting them with an exacto knife or do I simply have the wrong parts?

I've been waiting for this upper to show up for like two weeks and now it's finally here and I can't get the stupid HGs on... should take like two minutes.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:42:59 PM EDT
Never mind, I just modded one of them so they fit. It will work, but isn't right.

Is there any reason why standard HGs wouldn't fit? They weren't even close.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:26:56 PM EDT

Quoted:
Never mind, I just modded one of them so they fit. It will work, but isn't right.

Is there any reason why standard HGs wouldn't fit? They weren't even close.

Humm, my Cav Arms mid-length handguards fit nice and tight on my triangle end cap.

Pics??
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:39:47 PM EDT
CMMG uses a circular hang guard cap on some of their mid lengths. Because, they have standard mid length hand guards that will fit in a triangle or round cap. The few others that make standard mid length hand guards will only fit a triangle cap.

Sometimes you can request one cap or the other from CMMG. Depending on the options you're given.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:15:05 PM EDT

Quoted:
CMMG uses a circular hang guard cap on some of their mid lengths. Because, they have standard mid length hand guards that will fit in a triangle or round cap. The few others that make standard mid length hand guards will only fit a triangle cap.

Sometimes you can request one cap or the other from CMMG. Depending on the options you're given.

Aha! Mystery solved. Thanks! I'll have to get some CMMG handgaurds if the setup I have doesn't work or starts to bother me.

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:33:00 PM EDT
Or better yet, help Cav out and order some from them.

Cavalry Arms

Check under commercial sales and AR Furniture
Top Top