Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2013 11:42:06 AM EDT
I'm trying to find some rings for a Leupold Mark AR 4x12x40 and I need some advice since I'm ordering over the Web.  Will the Leupold QRW "High" rings work to attach this to an AR15 flat top with a magpul BUIS?  I don't know if these are tall enough or if I should go with something else.  The reviews are good and the price is right if these work.  Thanks.

Here's what I'm looking at...

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1362102691/leupold-qrw-quick-release-weaver-style-rings
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with the correct AR style mount.  Larue, Aero, burris PERP, ADM, Brobo, etc.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The Mark AR has a 1" tube.  The leupold high QR rings are .480 from the top of the rail to the bottom of the tube.  Generally a 1.5" centerline optic height is preferred.  Using the high rings and the Mark AR scope will give you a .980 centerline, about .5" short.  Additionally the external bell diameter is 2.0" so the scope will directly contact the upper if you try to use those rings.

Another consideration is proper eye relief.  The Mark AR 4-12x40 needs 3.7" minimum eye relief.  You really need an offset scope mount with a centerline height greater than 1.2" for this scope.  I would recommend a Larue, ADM or Bobro offset mount.  If your on a budget you might consider the Burris PEPR or Primary Arms extended mount.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:22:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input.  I'm looking at the PEPR QD mount.  It looks like it gets excellent reviews.  I'd like to keep as much money available for other things as possible.  Anyone have first hand experience that I might need to know about the PEPR?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top