Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/25/2003 10:46:29 PM EDT
Ok here goes...
I was looking through my local adds and found this...
A CAR15 223 shorty with a PWA Pre-ban Lower for.. $680??!!

I  put it here like it was described in the AD.

Now I cannot belive that someone would be selling a preban for that price so my plan is to call tomarrow and try and get a serial # to see if I can verify that its a preban.

Also Should I contact LE to see if the gun maybe stolen? Ive never done this and Im not sure on the way to go about it But I really dont want to get stuck with a stolen rifle.
My hope is the guy is.
1. Stupid
2. desprate for cash

Any other ideas on verifying if the gun is really what it is described to be?
thanks
OS
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:48:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:22:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Low priced pre bans can be found, my SGW car-ar,650.00 at a pawn shop. Kind of beat, needed ext. spring, runs like a scalded ape now!!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:47:37 AM EDT
[#3]
As Treetop says, Pac West Arms (PWA) NEVER sold complete rifles.  They either sold stripped lowers, individual bits & pieces, or what we now call "kits". Their "kits" were always less the barrel so the weapon was not complete.  They did it this way to avoid having to pay some kind of Federal tax.  For an extra $25.00 they would assemble the the lower for you.  They made a great product.  Too bad they went out of business at Olympia, WA in late 1995.  Fortunately, I bought a lifetime supply of their lowers before that happened.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#4]
If the serial number is in the pre-range, jump on it!!
PWA is an excellent piece. As far as assembled before the ban, the burden of proof is not on you, so pre-ban serial number pretty much means pre-ban rifle.

Nick
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As far as assembled before the ban, the burden of proof is not on you, so pre-ban serial number pretty much means pre-ban rifle.
View Quote

Sorry Commando_Guy but if you've checked out the Legal Forum the general consensus there seems to disagree with this statement. On top of that the serial munber ranges on common pre/post ban charts are not accurate for PWA (among others).
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats a great deal! you havent bought it yet?? you can always get $900-$1000 on the EE I would love to find a deal like that I would buy it.
       FREE
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#7]
OK update.
I called first thing this moring because I knew it was a steal.
The guy told me it was sold.
Im not suprised someone got a great deal.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
As far as assembled before the ban, the burden of proof is not on you, so pre-ban serial number pretty much means pre-ban rifle.
View Quote

Sorry Commando_Guy but if you've checked out the Legal Forum the general consensus there seems to disagree with this statement. On top of that the serial munber ranges on common pre/post ban charts are not accurate for PWA (among others).
View Quote

Well I imagine I am still pretty safe with mine in the 11,000 range.

Nick
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top