Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2003 9:47:43 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/6/2003 11:15:44 AM EST by CinRG]
I have 2 Bushmaster uppers. One A2 & one A3. I am positive the A2 is a Bushmaster. I'm not so sure about the A3. The machine marks on the A3 don't appear nearly as nice on the A2. So, are there any things to look at to know if it really is a BM upper?

Thanks,

Greg
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:11:02 AM EST
I think only Bushmaster will have the dry lube. That kind of looks like some dark grey paint on the interior of the reciever.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:56:18 PM EST
Is it purple? If so, then it's a Bushmaster. [;)]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:40:09 PM EST
I haven't learned how to post a link yet but you may want to check this site: http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/uppers/ It shows Bushmaster production codes to be FK, FS, BK, DK, EK, FK, AF, CW, AA, and FS. The production code would be in front of the rear sight assembly on the A2 and probably above the fwd asst and behind the brass deflector on your A3.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:56:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/7/2003 5:57:05 AM EST by Red-Leg]
Originally Posted By BH1: I haven't learned how to post a link yet but you may want to check this site: [url]http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/uppers/[/url] It shows Bushmaster production codes to be FK, FS, BK, DK, EK, FK, AF, CW, AA, and FS. The production code would be in front of the rear sight assembly on the A2 and probably above the fwd asst and behind the brass deflector on your A3.
View Quote
BH1 - To post a link, enclose the URL between (URL) and (/URL) - replace the ( with [ Edited to create hyperlink. [;)]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:37:38 AM EST
Thanks Red-Leg. I just found the icon for board code and will work on learning those things.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:54:53 AM EST
Thanks for the help. Didn't even think to check out Biggerhammer. This upper doesn't have any markings on it anywhere. It does have what appears to be a gray coating inside. However I understand that Colt & FN also uses the dry lube. Does anyone have an unmarked Bushy A3 out there or are all the Bushmasters marked? Greg
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:54:49 AM EST
Neither Colt nor FN use the dry lube. I just sold off a brand new Colt M4 marked upper and it didnt have the lube. Only Bushmaster has it.
Top Top