Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 11:20:12 AM EDT
Trying to strip a lower receiver.  Is there a trick to removing the bolt catch and trigger guard roll pins?

I got the bolt catch assembly out but can't get the pin out.  I pushed the pin towards the front of the reciever but it's going to hit the flared magwell.  If push the pin towards the rear of the reciever i can't get the punch close enough to the reciever.  What's the trick?

I've read the stories about breaking the reciever removing the trigger guard roll pin.  Is it best to just leave the trigger guard on there?   Or is there a simple way to remove it without breaking the receiver?

I looked and looked all last nite for istructions.  I even tried google.  All i can find is instructions how to assemble a lower, not dissassemble.   Thanks,

Stone
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Grab it with a pair of vise-grips and wiggle it out the side with the most clearance.

Might want to lube it with some CLP too.

WIZZO

EDIT #4000
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:18:02 AM EDT
[#3]
See Brownells - they have the right tool.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top