Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 6:22:55 AM EDT
Hi guys, where can I find a step-by-step walkthrough on the process to purchase a suppressor.  I just need to know how I get the ball rolling with the paperwork and all.  Also, how can I locate a Class III dealer in Mississippi to purchase this through?  
Lastly, is the process to purchase a short barrel the same also?

thanks, Jamie
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:52:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:07:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hi guys, where can I find a step-by-step walkthrough on the process to purchase a suppressor.  I just need to know how I get the ball rolling with the paperwork and all.  Also, how can I locate a Class III dealer in Mississippi to purchase this through?  
Lastly, is the process to purchase a short barrel the same also?

thanks, Jamie

if you got a couple AR's already, you might want to just file a Form 1 on one of 'em (instead of buying the short barreled rifle, you'd be building it).

all you gotta do is call up the NFA branch, and tell them you need a form 1 packett. they'll send you everything you need, including fingerprint forms (which are specific).

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help, it was just what I needed............does anyone know of a Class III dealer in MS?  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Form 1's don't need to go through a dealer...just sumbit, wait, then attach barrel.

Heck, while you're at it, just F1 the suppressor!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]
As of 7/1/00, silencers are legal in Mississippi, but must be registered with the state.

I searched Subguns.com for a Mississippi Class 3 dealer to no avail. You might ask in the Gulf States Forum.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top