Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2004 4:46:01 PM EDT
Recently purchased 1k rounds from a vendor listed on this site, which one I cannot remember.  Box came, ammo was loose in a plastic bag... dates range from 00 - 04 on the brass that I've noticed.

When doing some evening fireing sunday, noticed a few tracer rounds in the bunch which alarms be because I'm shooting in the desert and I do not wish to start any brush fires.  I know the chance may be unlikely, but I want to pick the tracers out of the bunch.

Any way to identify them? None of the rounds have painted tips.... but there are tracers in the batch some how.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Useing the magnet method... 2 potential rounds identifyd.... 1/2 done with the batch
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Pull the bullets on the two that are suspect to make sure you judging correctly.  Just a thaught.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Pull the bullets on the two that are suspect to make sure you judging correctly.  Just a thaught.

If i had anything reloading related... sure...
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Using the magnet method you should have been able to find numerous roughly a thousand steel core m855 rounds.... I tested it and it picks up m855 as well as the m856 tracer.... Sorry.

Best method is if the bullet has a green tip it is not tracer if it has a red or orage tip then it is likely tracer if it has no color tip then you will likely only find out if you pull bullets......
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#6]
A fire extinguisher works best to put out those fires.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Shoot it
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top