Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 7:46:07 PM EDT
Hi all,
New to the forum after purchasing my first AR - a Bushmaster M4 A3 carbine - last weekend. I bought a complete trapdoor stock assembly from BM to replace the collapsible stock it came with. The trouble is I can't find any info on removing and replacing the two...

I know they have different parts, and a special tool or two might be needed, but if anyone has a good online reference with GOOD pics or illustrations, I'd be grateful.

Thanks, and Cheers!
Tom
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:05:57 PM EDT
Okay, I just found a great tutorial on removing a collapsible stock on the other AR15 site. Now, how about some instruction on installing an A2 stock?

Cheers,
Tom
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:09:40 PM EDT
What is your reason for wanting an A2 stock on a carbine?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:24:29 PM EDT
I don't like how the collapsible stock moves around. I don't really have any use for an adjustable stock anyway, and would rather just have a solid, fixed stock.

I know, I should have bought a different model, but they're getting very scarce in my neck of the woods...and I like the removable carry handle

Cheers,
Tom
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:02:24 PM EDT
And, by the way, my collapsible stock, including the stock BM and a Magpul MOE, will be for sale... , upon successfull transplant

Cheers,
Tom
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:15:17 AM EDT
Also, is there some type of wrench available at Sears that serves the same purpose as the "buffer tube nut wrench"? I think I saw a thread on this, but can't find it...

Thanks,
Tom
Top Top