Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2003 12:36:20 AM EDT
A Lt.of mine is selling his preban Bushy and another Deputy is selling his DPMS A2. I'm pretty sure both are prebans especially the DPMS as it has a 4 digit serial number. I won't be sure of the Bushmasters serial number until the Lt. brings his in tomorrow before work.They don't have access to a computer other than work so I'm acting as the middle man. I need to know the cut off serial numbers for preban Bushmasters and DPMS. I also need to know how much would be a good estimate to cover next day air shipping in the CONUS as this is the only method that UPS will except. Also if the rifles are shipped to the buyers FFL will this be enough to get the rifles transfered out of these guys names?

I know this is not the EE board but before I post the items, I want to be sure of what needs to be done.THANKS ALOT!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:00:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I need to know the cut off serial numbers for preban Bushmasters and DPMS.
View Quote

On [b]AR15.com homepage[/b], to lower left "Legal Issues", you'll find this:[url]http://www.ar15.com/content/legal/serialNumberList.html[/url]

Ya can check Colt's SNs here too at: [url]wwww.biggerhammer.net[/url]

I also need to know how much would be a good estimate to cover next day air shipping in the CONUS as this is the only method that UPS will except.
View Quote

This info can be found at UPS homepage

Also if the rifles are shipped to the buyers FFL will this be enough to get the rifles transfered out of these guys names?
View Quote

Yes, for most states, be sure to check your state laws.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#2]
How much do you need for that Bushy ??
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:54:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Are these CAR15s or standard length (20")?

UPS only requires overnight air for handguns. All guns can only be shipped from their own UPS counters (not UPS stores) or you can have them do a pickup at the PD! Many UPS employees are ignorant of their tariffs and "make it up as they go along" (I've gone into this in depth with our former UPS Regional Security Manager (he's a brother, former LEO). Uniformly, FedEx Ground is cheaper than UPS Ground and I've personally shipped a rifle with no hassle (other than they had to dig up the FedEx tariffs).
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey thanks guys! fell of the truck I sent you IM.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Ghostface,

I'd also be interested in knowing what models and prices.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top