Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2003 7:34:12 AM EDT
Nice site. I recently bought my first ar, it's a DPMS (hope I didn't make a mistake, it's good price). And here it is...

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=10890120#DESC

Anyway, I was thinking of removing hte handle and scoping it, providing it's accurate (haven't shot it yet) and worthy. I was actually looking at a cheaper scope, found the thread on the ACOGs and went to a gunshow and got see some first hand. WOW, fell in love with the TA31 (donut).

I guess my question is, I was considering the leupold mark IV(as well as the trijicon)and don't see many threads on it or opinions. What is the "take" and performance on this scope and as it compares to the TA31??

And what about the dpms rifle??
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#1]
First, welcome to the board.

Looks like a good price for the DPMS. Both scopes you have listed are excellent. They just serve two different purposes. I wouldn't put the Mk IV on an M4 though. Seems like too much scope. The TA31 would serve you better. It's good for CQB, as well as longer distances. Go with the TA31 and you will be happy.

Steve.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top