Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/11/2007 4:42:46 PM EST
Hello all!! I have decided to put my Magnum Remingtons away and try an AR. Always wanted one, now I will get one! ($2.00+ per shot is getting too expensive to shooth1. Has anyone had any good/bad kits from www.mapartsinc.com, or is there another good place to get a complete parts kit. I have my stripped lower.
2. Stainless barrel: accuracy improvements???
3. Barrel length: 16 or 20. I will be shooting cyote and plinking a lot, accuracy is priority. I figure 20 is better, but....
4. I only have $520 to spend, I want a good gun, difinately flattop. That also has to buy me some mags, and scope mounts. I am sure I will swap parts and upgrade later, help me out please!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:30:08 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/12/2007 1:34:45 AM EST by SSN_Doc]
Chrome lining aids with extraction and increases barrel life. It has been said that it may reduce accuracy just a bit though. Most folks don't shoot well enough to notice the difference in accuracy.

DPMS is another AR15/parts manufacturer. The other Del-Ton barrels (DTI) are made by Wilson (They supply many manufacturers, such as MA parts, Rock River Arms, etc.)

I have a couple ARs with Wilson barrels and am very happy with them. I think I may have one DPMS barrel but do not know for sure because DPMS doesn't mark all of their barrels. Most DPMS barrels are not chrome lined.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:42:09 AM EST
I just ordered this setup from Del-ton: AR-15 16" Pre-ban Flat-top Barrel Assembly

I haven't shot it yet as it just came today, but the quality and everything seems pretty sweet.

Since you just have a stripped lower, you need one of their Rifle Kits. This is where it comes with a stock, LPK (lower parts kit) and entire upper barrel assembly. Everything you need to finish your stripped lower. This one could be a good for you: 16" Rifle Kit.
Top Top