Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 5:42:46 PM EDT
Hello all!! I have decided to put my Magnum Remingtons away and try an AR. Always wanted one, now I will get one! ($2.00+ per shot is getting too expensive to shooth1. Has anyone had any good/bad kits from www.mapartsinc.com, or is there another good place to get a complete parts kit. I have my stripped lower.
2. Stainless barrel: accuracy improvements???
3. Barrel length: 16 or 20. I will be shooting cyote and plinking a lot, accuracy is priority. I figure 20 is better, but....
4. I only have $520 to spend, I want a good gun, difinately flattop. That also has to buy me some mags, and scope mounts. I am sure I will swap parts and upgrade later, help me out please!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:30:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Chrome lining aids with extraction and increases barrel life.  It has been said that it may reduce accuracy just a bit though.  Most folks don't shoot well enough to notice the difference in accuracy.

DPMS is another AR15/parts manufacturer.  The other Del-Ton barrels (DTI) are made by Wilson (They supply many manufacturers, such as MA parts, Rock River Arms, etc.)

I have a couple ARs with Wilson barrels and am very happy with them.  I think I may have one DPMS barrel but do not know for sure because DPMS doesn't mark all of their barrels.  Most DPMS barrels are not chrome lined.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered this setup from Del-ton: AR-15 16" Pre-ban Flat-top Barrel Assembly

I haven't shot it yet as it just came today, but the quality and everything seems pretty sweet.

Since you just have a stripped lower, you need one of their Rifle Kits.  This is where it comes with a stock, LPK (lower parts kit) and entire upper barrel assembly. Everything you need  to finish your stripped lower.  This one could be a good for you: 16" Rifle Kit.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top