Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2002 8:49:34 AM EDT
Has anyone used these products.  EEZOX is a synthetic CLP(with the military claim behind it).  Militec1 is a synthetic lube(with the military claim behind it).  I've used EEZOX and it seems good so far but never used the Militec1 lube.  It seems that every Co. claims use by the military these days and it's great advertising of course and their testing results do exceed the standards.  Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, heard of both.  Never tried EEZOX.  Used Militec1 for a short time, but finally settled on FP-10.  Nothing against the other products, the FP-10 just seems to work better on my guns.  My M1 and Mini 14 still get Lubriplate 130A, but everything else gets FP-10.-TR
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  Heard alot about FP-10 lately.  All good.  I hope I can find someone who sells it around here(KY) and try it out.  EEZOX works quite well but it is the only "new type" product I have used lately so I would like to try some of the others and compare.  Thanks again-Horik
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#3]
First time I used Militec was when I sat down at my reloading bench to clean & size some brass.  The fan on the bench wouln't run, so I pulled it apart & put a few drops on the bushing.  After running the fan a while & turning off the switch, I didn't think it was going to stop.

Second time was on the press.  Have to hold on to the handle now to keep it from dropping or flying back (depending where in the cycle I am).
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#4]
WOW!  Thats slick!  I take it you like the stuff:)  Thanks for the info!-Horik
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Miltec-1 is a lubricant only. It does not protect against corrosion nor will it work as a cleaner. Supposedly, it bonds itself to the metal and provides a really slick surface, especially on metal-to-metal load bearing surfaces. As KEA stated, it seems to work, and work well. I use it on my AR15, on the sear/trigger group. Everyplace else I use CLP for corrosion protection.

I even mixed it with my CLP to add to the lubricant properties of CLP. (It's been months and there has been no clumping, thickening or any other detrimental affect that I can see).
Today, I just finished a 80% Sig P228 and put a drop of the mix on all the metal bearing surfaces (including the rails) and it worked great.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info.  Mixing sounds good.  Their website states that it is a protectant though.  And that it protects against rust and corrosion 3 times better than other gun oils. Does anyone else have any ideas? No cleaner though for sure.  Thanks again for the help!
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 6:21:37 PM EDT
[#7]
There was someone (I can't find the link) who did a comparison of different protectants. If I remember correctly, the Miltec-1 did slightly better than WD-40, but significantly worse than CLP, Rem-Oil and a number of other oils. I does provide a very limited amount of protection.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Militec-1 is a great lube, but not a vey good cleaner or protectant.

Mixing lubes is generally a bad idea. Some funky stuff can happen. I once mixed Tetra Oil with another lube and it turned to a bluish green sludge.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 10:29:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Militec 1 is giving free samples...www.militec-1.com
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Militec 1 is giving free samples...www.militec-1.com

wofwof, thanks mucho.

-hanko
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:32:03 AM EDT
[#11]
EEZOX=good shit.  use it on my shotgun, although I havent tried the miltec-1...let's see if i can get the free sample this time :)
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:20:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Ya'  I love EEZOX!  Use it on all my stuff.  Militec 1 will send you a free sample and get it out quick.  In fact they sent me two.  I don't know if I accidentally emailed them twice about it or they screwed up but I am glad I got it.  It comes in a small bottle and that small bottle will last forever.  The stuff goes a long way.  I like eezox way better than clp.  It is not nearly as runny and slimy and dries up while still staying slick.  Plus it's corrosion resistance and lube ability is very good.  Militec1 should not be relied upon for that.  Just a lube!
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I even mixed it with my CLP to add to the lubricant properties of CLP. (It's been months and there has been no clumping, thickening or any other detrimental affect that I can see).

I emailed the Militec folks about a month ago and asked them about this.  They said that many people mix CLP and Militec with great success, or words to that effect, but that they don't recommend it.  I took it to mean that, like you say, it works fine to mix 'em.  I'm not giving up my CLP, especially on ARs, but want to try some Militec along with it.

Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I havent mixed Militec1 with Breakfree clp but have tried it with EEZOX clp.  About 3 to 1 EEZOX.  No problem with color change or clumping, etc. but I did notice that the mixture seemed thinner than either the EEZOX or Militec1 by itself.  And Militec1 is very thick stuff.  I have used this mixture on my AR's and see no problem but wonder if it is working as well since the combination is "thinner".  Does anyone notice this when mixing the Militec1 with Breakfree?  My problem is I like the benefit of EEZOX for it's protective attributes and cleaning as well as it's lube ability but would like to "boost" it with Militec1 which I feel is a "great" lube but the lubricating properties are about all I trust it for.  Only because that's what I have been told...:)
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I might have this wrong but I still clean (Breakfree CLP) and Lube (MiliTec-1).  I know the L in CLP is lube but,  why not.  And like drinking, I never mix.

The best part about buying my home was that the former owners (Both retiring CIA employee's)left me about 9 oz. out of a 16 oz. bottle.  It'll take a lifetime to use up!
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I emailed the Militec folks about a month ago and asked them about this.  They said that many people mix CLP and Militec with great success, or words to that effect, but that they don't recommend it.  I took it to mean that, like you say, it works fine to mix 'em.  I'm not giving up my CLP, especially on ARs, but want to try some Militec along with it.

Since my original post I've used it on an old .22 target pistol I had. It was jamming/stovepiping. I've used a number of different oils/greases but nothing seemed to improve the situation. I decided to put a couple drops of CLP/MIL-TECH mix and haven't had a problem since.

I've also used it on my .45 auto and Sig P228 home builts and it works great. The best part is that it is a lot cleaner than using the grease & oil combination that I've been using for years.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:10:48 AM EDT
[#17]
The one thing that impressed me with Militec is I started putting a dab of Militec on the rear part of the AR’s bolt.  You know, the area right behind the gas rings were the hard carbon gunk seems to burn on.  After using Militec the carbon wipes right off with mineral spirits.  Although all I used before was CLP, the rear of the bolt never cleaned that easy.  I still use CLP for the C and the P properties.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 3:44:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I use Shooter's Choice on the bore and CLP to clean everything else. When finished, I protect the bore with CLP and lubricate with Militec-1. Seems to work okay.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top