Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 7:29:05 PM EDT
Headspacing… All our barrel assemblies are headspaced at the factory and are shipped ready for assembly and use. Barrel assemblies can be ordered with either a stepped, crowned muzzle (for Post-Ban rifles) or a threaded muzzle for attachment of a flash suppressor or muzzle brake.  BATF rulings permit permanent factory installation of muzzle brakes on certain Post-Ban barrels if overall length equals at least 16". Ask your Bushmaster representative about the variety of muzzle brake options available for Post-Ban barrels

This is off the Bushmaster page and my quetion is if I take the bbl off , do i need to have to have the headspacing redone? I have a bushmaster  M4 that I am painting. What do you think ? I dont realy know a lot about the bbl on off procedure.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Removing (and reinstalling??) your barrel will have no effect on headspace as long as you keep the same bolt with that barrel.  It is those 2 items alone that determine headspace, not the upper receiver onto which you attach the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya its only a remove and reinstall. Thanks I dont want to fuc up my gun.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:33:39 AM EDT
[#3]
headspacing is not adjustable or easily changed on the ar
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top