Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 4:55:13 PM EDT
I ran across this, thought you guys might be interested. LINKY
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#1]
No offense to you, but there's probably a reason they're selling it cheap.......because it is cheap.

I haven't heard good things about much stuff from Tapco, really.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No offense to you, but there's probably a reason they're selling it cheap.......because it is cheap.

I haven't heard good things about much stuff from Tapco, really.

WIZZO

I am not real impressed with the crap (notice the term) from Tapco. I think their Ak stuff is laughable, but I do not think it is of poor quality. I have no experiance with this item, but thought it may be a good deal. If I were in the market and strapped for cash I'd give it a shot. Just though I'd share.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#3]
That would go nicely on one of those Vulcan carbon fiber lowers that Joeken is selling for @ $50 right now.  The combined weight is the same as a Cav arms lower and you could have a complete lower for about $125.  I've been thinking about doing this just to see how cheap I could put together a beater truck gun.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Some more cheap stuff href=www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=339

CAR stock for  $49.95(good quality for the money, i have purchased one before)
www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=230
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Made in China !!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Made in China !!

Actually, TAPCO is advertising their new stocks as USA made. Be that as it may, I've seen their stuff at shows here in North Georgia, where a bunch of prople "invest" some bucks in a bunch of TAPCO's AR pieces,and try to bilk the unsuspecting.

Sorry, but TAPCO's AR stuf is really low grade. Their actual milsurp items, like the FAL parts, and Moisin rifle pieces, are as good as anyone's, but when they go into the commercial market for add ons, they usually go to the lowest end of the market. You may save a few bucks, but you'll be back to get some quality pieces in short order, and  you'll end up having spent more than if you had just spent the bucks for a good item in the first place.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I actually bought one of those cheap $30 3 position stocks a few years ago. I’m not 100% sure but I believe it was from Tapco, but I can’t vouch for the stocks they sell today. Believe it or not it is of very good quality. After a coat of truck bed liner it resides on my sons CAR, shown here with my M4gery.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:19:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That would go nicely on one of those Vulcan carbon fiber lowers that Joeken is selling for @ $50 right now.  The combined weight is the same as a Cav arms lower and you could have a complete lower for about $125.  I've been thinking about doing this just to see how cheap I could put together a beater truck gun.

for something you might depend on i would not go cheap nor vulcan/hesse

but for range, shits and giggles why not
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top