They sold real quick!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HipSh0T:
Originally Posted By SGL_Shooter:
Bolts gone

They sold real quick!

Well that was a great price. Decent price for selectors too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 3:23:27 PM EST

View All Quotes
Bolts gone

They sold real quick!

Keep checking back. I just went there and it said item has been relisted, and then it let me purchase one. It looks like the seller has a bunch of them but is listing them individually for some reason.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 4:02:01 PM EST
I made him an offer on 10 earlier and he accepted, so he must have a lot more than 100 which was how many he listed the first time. It was 12 FN and 88 Colt Bolts. If you buy more than one make him an offer, he will accept it if reasonable.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:21:56 PM EST
Selectors also gone........... Hammers must not all be bought yet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:35:32 PM EST
Out of shear curiosity, is it 100% legal to run a full auto safety and m16 bolt carrier as long as no other full auto parts are used?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:52:11 PM EST
Originally Posted By ghostdevilguy:
Out of shear curiosity, is it 100% legal to run a full auto safety and m16 bolt carrier as long as no other full auto parts are used?
View Quote

A lot of us use Colt FA Selectors but we modify them to run as semi auto only.

ETA - Just got an email from the seller, he still has bolts.... Maybe it's a under a new listing because the ones I linked are Sold Out.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:36:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/9/2015 7:37:06 PM EST by _DR]
If you keep hitting relisted, he still has some for sale.

But at $32, some look quite worn. Considering you can get a new M16 complete MPI tested BCG from PSA for $119, $32 for just a used bolt doesn't seem so great? Maybe to keep as a spare in the grip compartment?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 8:26:11 PM EST
Bought one too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 8:26:12 PM EST
Originally Posted By _DR:

But at $32, some look quite worn. Considering you can get a new M16 complete MPI tested BCG from PSA for $119, $32 for just a used bolt doesn't seem so great? Maybe to keep as a spare in the grip compartment?
View Quote

real grips don't have compartments
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 9:47:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By Edmanenator:

View All Quotes

True, I'm no grip homo.

but I use a grip plug to use the existing cavity. Three extra rounds, or one extra round and a spare bolt.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 9:53:58 PM EST

True, I'm no grip homo.

but I use a grip plug to use the existing cavity. Three extra rounds, or one extra round and a spare bolt.
View All Quotes

True, I'm no grip homo.

I'm not a fan of grip compartments. Anything that could be put in there could easily be kept on a PC or other LBE. The exception being something like a mini copy of a Form 1 or a Form 4.

3 rounds? Probably never going to need them unless the shit really hits the fan or whatever. Spare BCG on the plate carrier in case yours goes down in a fight. Not gonna mess with cam pins and retainers when lead is flying. So no need for bolt storage. Just my $0.02.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 2:00:47 AM EST
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-223-556-FN-Complete-Bolt-/321637353036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae314864c

New FN bolt and also has FN carriers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 3:48:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By Cdenmark:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-223-556-FN-Complete-Bolt-/321637353036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae314864c

View Quote

I just purchased a new FN bolt and carrier
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 5:30:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/10/2015 5:32:22 AM EST by HipSh0T]
Originally Posted By Cdenmark:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2015 9:35:55 AM EST
Wow a lot of gun parts on Ebay. I thought they stopped all/most of that? Maybe I need to reopen my account.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:02:29 AM EST
Wow a lot of gun parts on Ebay. I thought they stopped all/most of that? Maybe I need to reopen my account.
View Quote

There's a lot of shady crap on eBay. Never again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:13:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/10/2015 10:18:23 AM EST by _DR]

I'm not a fan of grip compartments. Anything that could be put in there could easily be kept on a PC or other LBE. The exception being something like a mini copy of a Form 1 or a Form 4.

3 rounds? Probably never going to need them unless the shit really hits the fan or whatever. Spare BCG on the plate carrier in case yours goes down in a fight. Not gonna mess with cam pins and retainers when lead is flying. So no need for bolt storage. Just my $0.02.
View All Quotes

True, I'm no grip homo.

Haha on the wordplay, guess I set myself up for that one.

Carrying in your LBE is all good, unless you are separated from you gear and have the rifle only, such as in a water-down gear doff type event. I can swim a long way with just a rifle. Just one example. But yeah it's all preference. I just like having something in the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:16:15 AM EST
View Quote

They started doing gun parts again when they realized how much money they were missing out on.

You can actually get hi-cap mags on ebay, you just have to look for the creative wording. I have found a lot at good prices looking for

"standard # 30 magazine" for example.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 8:33:53 PM EST
This post just cost me some dough as I bought a MP C bolt from the first seller and the second seller on eBay sold me a brand new Colt Socom barrel way below his list price. Dangit
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:20:51 PM EST
Wow, some neat stuff on "the bay" again. Will have to keep looking there when I get some funds.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:17:36 AM EST
Same seller I got FN bolt and carrier from has/had a new Colt carrier listed. I am expecting FN stuff in today, so I shall see what I bought. I will have to run up front and get a couple of small parts to put it together, cam pin, firing pin, etc. Then put it in and check headspace and hopefully I will be GTG.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:04:06 AM EST
All gone arent they?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:53:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/12/2015 8:53:44 AM EST by HipSh0T]
Originally Posted By KYGun:
All gone arent they?
View Quote

No seller keeps putting up more auctions of bolts. The ones in my link are gone but he has a lot more, spoke with him yesterday to make him an offer on 10 and he said he had over a hundred Colts left and 50 FNs. I think he had more than that.....
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:56:42 AM EST
All gone arent they?
View Quote

Guy selling bolts is out of stock, but has hammers and selectors listed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:57:34 AM EST

No seller keeps putting up more auctions of bolts. The ones in my link are gone but he has a lot more, spoke with him yesterday to make him an offer on 10 and he said he had over a hundred Colts left and 50 FNs. I think he had more than that.....
View All Quotes
All gone arent they?

I just looked, he isnt showing any more bolts.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:08:13 PM EST
Originally Posted By DavidLee_64:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DavidLee_64:
All gone arent they?

Your right. He is completely out now. I managed to get 2 FN and 8 Colt Bolts off him for $220.00 shipped, I'm just gonna keep 1 of each and sell the rest on the EE in 6 months for $45.00 shipped each.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:28:56 PM EST
I ordered a bolt and a couple of selector switches on Friday and they arrived today. The bolt is marked MPAC (see here for the explanation of the A) and the selector levers are 3-position, so will have to be modified for semi use. They are not notched on the right side, and everything is in great shape.

Thanks for posting the links, HipSh0T!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:32:56 PM EST
And if anyone is looking, I found some more Colts bolts for $36 when googling to find the MPAC explanation, which I remembered reading previously.

Colts bolts

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:40:00 PM EST
You learn something new every day..... I never knew about the 4 letter bolts, that's pretty cool!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:19:51 PM EST

View All Quotes

If you mod them to run semi only, are they still capable of being turned to the "auto" position? Reason I ask is I'm thinking of putting one of these selectors in my NDS A1 lower which has been engraved to reflect the FA position on the receiver. I also have an etched "pin" above the "SEMI" so that it looks like a FA from the outside (but not from the inside of course). I'd like to be able to move the selector to the "AUTO" position just like on a real A1 but without worrying about it going FA unintentionally.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:19:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/12/2015 7:19:59 PM EST by 44Echo10]
Originally Posted By tinman44:

If you mod them to run semi only, are they still capable of being turned to the "auto" position? Reason I ask is I'm thinking of putting one of these selectors in my NDS A1 lower which has been engraved to reflect the FA position on the receiver. I also have an etched "pin" above the "SEMI" so that it looks like a FA from the outside (but not from the inside of course). I'd like to be able to move the selector to the "AUTO" position just like on a real A1 but without worrying about it going FA unintentionally.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tinman44:

Yes...selector will be, safe, semi, semi, if you grind off the fin.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:24:06 PM EST
That's good news, I am going to have to find a neutered full auto safety now.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:05:20 PM EST
View Quote

Go back to page 1 and click on Colt Selectors in my OP then purchase one.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:08:14 PM EST

Choose the second link and click Buy Now.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:40:17 PM EST
Looks like the active link for the selectors is here for now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AR-Selector-Lever-/231449512202?

Not sure why he didn't just post the quantity in the auction. Seems like it would be less work.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:34:58 PM EST
If you really want to see something interesting do a search for 5.56 barrels. I have been purchasing a fair amount of products for AR's lately and the prices have been lower than anywhere else for the most part. The key is to make sure it's not china airsoft crap. Due to the Ebay policy of getting a cut from your shipping most sellers are now offering free shipping on most items.

Since they own paypal, it's interesting to see how they don't have any issues with selling stuff for AR's as long as you don't call it AR stuff.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:59:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/13/2015 7:33:22 AM EST by HipSh0T]
Originally Posted By grondike:

Not sure why he didn't just post the quantity in the auction. Seems like it would be less work.
View Quote

Current M16 Full Auto Selector Link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AR-Selector-Lever-/231451486673?

Gray Charging Handle Link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mil-Spec-Tactical-Charging-Handle-Complete-5-56-223-USA-/111462510897?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f3aef131
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:29:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/13/2015 7:32:03 AM EST by HipSh0T]
Type 5.56 in the search bar under Sporting Equipment or whatever it's called. All sorts of AR15 parts pop up, some quality stuff too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:08:48 AM EST
View All Quotes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mil-Spec-Tactical-Charging-Handle-Complete-5-56-223-USA-/111462510897?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f3aef131

Browsing the charging handle seller's other items and it's one cheap no-name AR part after another, interspersed with Mosin Nagant stripper clips and the random adult toy. I guess the multi-speed, jack hammer stimulator is for non-traditional combat.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:12:03 PM EST
Originally Posted By HappyTrailz:

Browsing the charging handle seller's other items and it's one cheap no-name AR part after another, interspersed with Mosin Nagant stripper clips and the random adult toy. I guess the multi-speed, jack hammer stimulator is for non-traditional combat.
View All Quotes

HOLY G SPOT BATMAN!

That's an eclectic assortment of gun parts and naughty bits!

Sex and violence? Toss mama a rabbit so she won't complain about the gun parts?

I dunno but it's kinda funny aint it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:24:34 PM EST
Originally Posted By Cal30M1:

HOLY G SPOT BATMAN!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cal30M1:

HOLY G SPOT BATMAN!

A little something for you, and a little something for the wife..... I get nervous with words like tactical and G-spot in the same auctions.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:26:59 PM EST
If the guy sold beer he'd be a one stop shop
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:48:42 PM EST

View All Quotes

I will, when I get paid on the 22nd, if they are still in stock.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:49:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/13/2015 7:51:03 PM EST by ghostdevilguy]
posted twice, so going to improvise. any one have a guide or how to on how to modifiy a full auto saftey?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:27:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/13/2015 9:33:49 PM EST by HipSh0T]
posted twice, so going to improvise. any one have a guide or how to on how to modifiy a full auto saftey?
View Quote

No guide needed, it is simple. On the Auto side of the Selector there's what we call a Shark fin dead center, grab a dremel tool and grind it down flat like the semi auto side. Both sides should be completely flat, hit the bare metal with cold blue or some sort of touch up and install.

Here is 2 that are converted to Semi just before the Cold Blue was applied.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:16:03 PM EST
Further info from the archives here and here, along with the pictures from those pages.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:39:05 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2015 4:39:28 AM EST by aye-ara]
just ordered hammer and selector.. bolt is still available also

colt bolt

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331451221670 ... if sold click (the seller has "RELISTED THIS ITEM" or one like this
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:32:46 AM EST
Originally Posted By aye-ara:
just ordered hammer and selector.. bolt is still available also

colt bolt

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331451221670 ... if sold click (the seller has "RELISTED THIS ITEM" or one like this
View Quote

You must have gotten the last one. Listing ended at 4:48 AM. Seller has nothing listed at all, other than a scope cap.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top