Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/10/2004 7:00:47 AM EDT
Can I manage to get a FH on the Post Ban RRA barrels with the faux pressed on FH or am I looking at investing in another barrel?  Am I better off just getting another barrel anyway considering the length issue?  Any input appreciated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2004 7:08:59 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, when the "pressed-on" faux A2 is removed the diameter is TOO SMALL to thread and install a real A2 FS.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/10/2004 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#2]
but i believe the RRA barrels are 16" plus the length of the muzzle device so you should be able to have the barrel cut down, threaded and still meet the min length of 16.
Link Posted: 4/10/2004 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#3]
send an email to

steve @ adcofirearms.com

he deals with this stuff every day...

but i believe the RRA barrels are 16" plus the length of the muzzle device so you should be able to have the barrel cut down, threaded and still meet the min length of 16.
View Quote

this was a big issue for me because as I pieced together every weapon configuration for what i was going to build...  I knew I wanted a FULL 16" barrel... i wanted it m4 profiled w/ gov. profiling underneeth the guards and etc...

the postban rra m4 barrel is not a full 16" barrel... it is with the faux FH...  but the post ban is what has the light under the handguards... so what I had to do was take a pre-ban rra m4 barrel (heavy under the guards) and have steve reprofile it down to gov. profile... then make the upper, post ban compliant.

depending on how you run your setup... if your only going to have one AR and your buying it because you want a fighting weapon... it just has to be 16"...

if you got a 20", then i can see doing the whole 14.5in w/ brake...

Link Posted: 4/10/2004 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

the postban rra m4 barrel is not a full 16" barrel... it is with the faux FH...  but the post ban is what has the light under the handguards... so what I had to do was take a pre-ban rra m4 barrel (heavy under the guards) and have steve reprofile it down to gov. profile... then make the upper, post ban compliant.

View Quote

My RRA upper is a post-ban CAR profile and it is heavy under the handguards. Is that the gov't profile?
Link Posted: 4/10/2004 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#5]
My RRA upper is a post-ban CAR profile and it is heavy under the handguards. Is that the gov't profile?
View Quote

you say CAR profile?  as in the a4's?  i'm talking about m4 barrels... gov. profile means 'light' under the handguards...

i guess you could get the CAR barrel light under the handguards... wouldn't be anything wrong with it :D
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Any further thoughts on this now that the ban is gone (WooHoo!)?

Pisses me off that I've got to deal with this now.  Not that the flash hider is a huge deal for me, but I'd like to have one, ya know?  Now what would be really cool is if RRA would take the upper back and replace the barrell!
Yeah right.  Ah well, I need to go find myself a collapsible stock now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:24:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Good stuff, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the same barrel you have and Steve has it right now putting a Phantom on it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top