Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/15/2007 8:00:55 PM EDT
Has the LE1020 become vaporware?  Has it gone the way of the shrike?
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't post a link, but it has been "shelved"
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 10:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 11:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesnt suprise me. Colt simply doesnt have the means or will to make new products, just incremental changes to the base M16/AR15 platform.

Where is the SCAR entry?

Where is the M5?

The OHWS was a POS

All American 2000 was a joke

Colt is a one trick Pony. They are the gun world's version of Ford and GM.

LE1020 was late to the game after LW and POF, and now it looks dead altogether

It's a sad state of affairs, the Amerian Arms Industry...I am thankful for the likes of Robinson Arms

Link Posted: 4/16/2007 12:12:19 AM EDT
[#4]
You never become vaporware.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 2:12:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Hardly vaporware. Concept, maybe

As the guy in Lucky's link points out, there simply is not enough interest in it to warrant diverting resources to build it.

Colt did roll it out at both 2006 and 2007 SHOT Shows to see if their distributors and dealers wanted to buy it. I guess we have our answer.

Bummer, IMO

edit to add:  your "or gone the way of the Shrike" starter-

the Shrike is being built, in spite of a very, very narrow market. Much more so than the 1020 would have targeted.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 4:59:11 AM EDT
[#6]
At this point, Colt's plate is quite full with M4A1 production, and it's likely to be so for the foreseeable future considering the Army's (and, to some extent, the Marine Corp's) decision to substantially increase carbine procurement.

Truth be told, I would like most for Colt to release the DI version of their monolithic upper, but I doubt they'd be doing that anytime soon, due to the aforementioned reasons.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 7:07:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.coltcco.com/?p=122

Good info, thanks for the link
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 7:17:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I talked to the Colt Rep at the NRA convention.  They have no plans to make it...ever.  He said that they could make it if there was a demand and that they are fully capable but they have zero plans to produce it.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you guys, very much.  
That was a very informative response.
I think I may give my money to bushmaster or other companies that really support my rights from now on.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.coltcco.com/?p=122

Good info, thanks for the link

ya +1
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Doesnt suprise me. Colt simply doesnt have the means or will to make new products, just incremental changes to the base M16/AR15 platform.

Where is the SCAR entry?

Where is the M5?

The OHWS was a POS

All American 2000 was a joke

Colt is a one trick Pony. They are the gun world's version of Ford and GM.

LE1020 was late to the game after LW and POF, and now it looks dead altogether

It's a sad state of affairs, the Amerian Arms Industry...I am thankful for the likes of Robinson Arms

Don't forget the MARS  and the "M1991A2"
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 12:49:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I read right on this forum from PLW himself that a very high up person in the know told him way back when that the piston driven Colt would not come to market... and it didnt.  I find that quite humerous.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:33:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I read right on this forum from PLW himself that a very high up person in the know told him way back when that the piston driven Colt would not come to market... and it didnt.  I find that quite humerous.

Nope, Hipfiredgun

It's important we keep these things straight.

I remembered that thread and I found it a little funny also. Even if the guy was a lying POS, he was right about that one thing.

Anybody here get a refund on their 1020 pre-order?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:42:34 AM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
www.coltcco.com/?p=122

Please do not think that guy speaks for Colt.

Do you really believe this is a Colt press release? hing
The 1020 is still in the pipeline. Little companies would like you to think it's dead, so you will forget about it and buy what they have for sale.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:28:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

He has plenty of completely wrong info also.

Such as?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#16]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

He has plenty of completely wrong info also.

Such as?

Basing information taken from a few phone calls as fact is probably mistake #1. Getting info from Colt is very hit or miss. They are not going to “Spill the Beans” so to speak over the phone to a stranger who is not in the industry. Would you? I’ve also noticed that Vickers Tactical (Larry Vickers) is using his HK416 again in his classes judging by the last few posts on AR15.com.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:04:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Basing information taken from a few phone calls as fact is probably mistake #1. Getting info from Colt is very hit or miss. They are not going to “Spill the Beans” so to speak over the phone to a stranger who is not in the industry. Would you? I’ve also noticed that Vickers Tactical (Larry Vickers) is using his HK416 again in his classes judging by the last few posts on AR15.com.

So, the word of a Colt employee (John Cartier, not sure how the last name is spelled) is questionable and probably wrong because they're sneaky, but some guy on AR15.COM talking about a Vickers class he may or may not have been to, is right? Never mind that we have equally reliable 'confirmation' from AR15.com members who spoke to the Colt reps at the NRA convention, stating that Colt doesn't plan to make the 1020.

And Type 01/07/SOT Manufacturers aren't usually strangers, especially in the industry.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:12:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It's the "Shit Shotgun".  Throw enough shit out there and some of it is bound to "hit the mark".

The fact that Paul Leitner-Wise was wrong about so many other things only cements this phenomenon.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#19]
height=8
Quoted:
And Type 01/07/SOT Manufacturers aren't usually strangers, especially in the industry.

They are a dime a dozen.

Do you realize how many are out there?

I will wait until Colt themselves makes these statements. Last word I got was that 1020 was still in the works.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:11:55 AM EDT
[#20]
height=8
Quoted:
hing.
Funny you should name Paul Leitner-Wise or Hipfiredgun. He was only wrong or lying about:
(1.) Leitner-Wise USMC sales – complete fabrication - Used as an excuse for one of the worst group buys in AR15.com history.
(2.) LWRC MRS (true vaporware) would "blow away" the LMT MRP
(3.) LWRC U.S. Army unit sales – complete fabrication
(4.) HK416 was having problems – complete fabrication
(5.) HK416 would never be available to local/state LE - They are buying it right now
(6.) The magical LWRC "Advanced Combat Bolt" that was advertised to "out live" the weapons barrel - yet has been recalled.
(7.) .458 SOCOM problems – complete fabrication
(8.) 6.5 Grendel problems – complete fabrication
(9.) Hints that Colt was buying LWRC – complete fabrication
(10.) LWRC had designed the Colt 1020 - Turns out Colt turned them down and went their own route.
(11.) Stating the SCAR program testing was being held up while they waited for LWRC'S submission. - Completely laughable
(12.) U.S. Coast Guard purchases of LWRC .499 rifles - complete fabrication. They purchased a few for testing then got rid of them because they would not run.
(13.) Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT) “QC issues” – complete fabrication
(14.) Hints that LWRC was “Going to Win” the USMC automatic rifle contract – Their submission went nowhere real fast.
(15.) Not to mention the numerous lies he posted about POF. – I could list at least ten.
(16.) LWRC production numbers – There are probably less than a thousand LW uppers in the world. He spoke they were turning them out at five hundred a day. It’s just another complete fabrication.
(17.) LWRC had beaten the HK416 in "military testing" – complete fabrication
(18.) LWRC's gas piston design was in development before the HK416  – complete fabrication. Unless you count the AR18 which they directly copied.
(19.) LWRC having gotten no input from Kurts Kustom Firearms. Hell, Kurt claims they stole his gas piston design. To bad he doesn't have the money to go after them in court.

www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/board/board_topic/11341/41898.htm?page=3

(20.) Bad excuses (Lies) for the lawsuit & police raid that netted a total of 5-6 uppers from their old shop. This speaks volumes about their production numbers claims.

Shall I go on? I could post another 15-20 with no trouble. Is this humerous?

Yet you choose to pick out the one thing that just has not happened yet (Colt 1020) and pick up his torch again. I find this odd to say the least.

My personal LWRC upper had serious issues and recoiled very strangely.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#21]
All they have to produce is the upper & they'd sell a shitload even at a $1200+ MSRP
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe the 50 million dollar contract they got a few days ago for the Mil to build more M4s is sorta putting the kabosh on a new system right now?

I'd delay a new system for a large order if I ran a company, most decent businessmen would, especially if that meant losing the order to the competition.

I truly don't understand the self importence some people obviously have here who think they are somehow more "speshul" then the Military.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just because it's not out yet does not mean a thing.

Funny you should name Paul Leitner-Wise or Hipfiredgun. He was only wrong or lying about:
(1.) Leitner-Wise USMC sales – complete fabrication - Used as an excuse for one of the worst group buys in AR15.com history.
(2.) LWRC MRS (true vaporware) would "blow away" the LMT MRP
(3.) LWRC U.S. Army unit sales – complete fabrication
(4.) HK416 was having problems – complete fabrication
(5.) HK416 would never be available to local/state LE - They are buying it right now
(6.) The magical LWRC "Advanced Combat Bolt" that was advertised to "out live" the weapons barrel - yet has been recalled.
(7.) .458 SOCOM problems – complete fabrication
(8.) 6.5 Grendel problems – complete fabrication
(9.) Hints that Colt was buying LWRC – complete fabrication
(10.) LWRC had designed the Colt 1020 - Turns out Colt turned them down and went their own route.
(11.) Stating the SCAR program testing was being held up while they waited for LWRC'S submission. - Completely laughable
(12.) U.S. Coast Guard purchases of LWRC .499 rifles - complete fabrication. They purchased a few for testing then got rid of them because they would not run.
(13.) Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT) “QC issues” – complete fabrication
(14.) Hints that LWRC was “Going to Win” the USMC automatic rifle contract – Their submission went nowhere real fast.
(15.) Not to mention the numerous lies he posted about POF. – I could list at least ten.
(16.) LWRC production numbers – There are probably less than a thousand LW uppers in the world. He spoke they were turning them out at five hundred a day. It’s just another complete fabrication.
(17.) LWRC had beaten the HK416 in "military testing" – complete fabrication
(18.) LWRC's gas piston design was in development before the HK416  – complete fabrication. Unless you count the AR18 which they directly copied.
(19.) LWRC having gotten no input from Kurts Kustom Firearms. Hell, Kurt claims they stole his gas piston design. To bad he doesn't have the money to go after them in court.

www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/board/board_topic/11341/41898.htm?page=3

(20.) Bad excuses (Lies) for the lawsuit & police raid that netted a total of 5-6 uppers from their old shop. This speaks volumes about their production numbers claims.

Shall I go on? I could post another 15-20 with no trouble. Is this humerous?

Yet you choose to pick out the one thing that just has not happened yet (Colt 1020) and pick up his torch again. I find this odd to say the least.

My personal LWRC upper had serious issues and recoiled very strangely.

Your sarcasm meter must be broke.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Who cares? I have a 6920 and I don't even care about this after looking at it at the SHOT show this year. The Colt "engineer" wouldn't bother to explain to me why their system is better than all other piston systems.

Colt is not exactly the company that pushes the boundary for the AR community.

Buy a POF if you really want piston upper. And to top it off, they're bunch of cool people to talk to.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top