Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/27/2010 9:09:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/27/2010 9:10:36 AM EDT by ralph70bjj]
I did a search and came up with nothing. Its a leupold CQBSS. Im not sure how a FFP scope would do in a CQB, but the scope seems nice.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:33:02 AM EDT
When I emailed the custom shop about a reticle for my Mk4, after they told me no, they basically told me to watch for this scope and the CMR2 reticle (which is almost exactly what I was asking to have put into my scope).

If this think weighs <15 oz and is daytime visible, it's everything I want in a general purpose scope with the exception of battery life. I don't know what it's purported to be but I can only guess it's atrocious if daytime visible.

Locking turrets gets a huge +1 from me, as well as the whole rear housing rotating for power changing.

I can't wait to see it on the market but I'm not holding my breath about being able to afford it. I'm just guessing, completely off the wall, it will be north of $1500.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:56:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/27/2010 12:06:44 PM EDT by cmeyer001]
Reports are that it will be north of 2500 IIRC.

If you google "Leupold CQBSS" you will find several threads on other forums with pricing varying from 2K up to 3800!!!

This scope will probably be marketed to those with gov POs or gov credit cards, therefore price is of no concern...

I will see if I can find the link...

Shooting Illustrated Link

Of course all these prices are speculation, but I suspect they are in the ball park.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 12:33:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cmeyer001:
Reports are that it will be north of 2500 IIRC.

If you google "Leupold CQBSS" you will find several threads on other forums with pricing varying from 2K up to 3800!!!

This scope will probably be marketed to those with gov POs or gov credit cards, therefore price is of no concern...

I will see if I can find the link...

Shooting Illustrated Link

Of course all these prices are speculation, but I suspect they are in the ball park.

Oh well. I'm content with IOR products, even if they don't currently offer something exactly comparable.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 12:42:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kuraki:
When I emailed the custom shop about a reticle for my Mk4, after they told me no, they basically told me to watch for this scope and the CMR2 reticle (which is almost exactly what I was asking to have put into my scope).

If this think weighs <15 oz and is daytime visible, it's everything I want in a general purpose scope with the exception of battery life. I don't know what it's purported to be but I can only guess it's atrocious if daytime visible.

Locking turrets gets a huge +1 from me, as well as the whole rear housing rotating for power changing.

I can't wait to see it on the market but I'm not holding my breath about being able to afford it. I'm just guessing, completely off the wall, it will be north of $1500.

I can see those locking mechanisms getting seized up with fine dirt/dust/sand or ice/snow & the whole rear housing rotating kinda makes flip covers a PITA (one of the things I don't like about the 2 Burris scopes I have).
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 12:47:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gone_Shootin:

Originally Posted By Kuraki:

I can see those locking mechanisms getting seized up with fine dirt/dust/sand or ice/snow & the whole rear housing rotating kinda makes flip covers a PITA (one of the things I don't like about the 2 Burris scopes I have).

That's a good point on the covers. I don't use them on many of my scopes so I didn't think of it. If the clearances are right in the locks, they should be fine, dust/sand could lock up the turret itself on an exposed turret, lock or not. I'm sick of my Mark 4 turrets moving on me when it's cased, etc.
Top Top