Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2003 4:07:58 PM EDT
I used to shoot an ASA upper and all the brass ejected at the 2 O'clock position.

I just bought a new Bushy M4orgy upper and the brass was leaving at the 4-5 O'clock position. I called Bushmaster and spoke with a gunsmith abouth this topic and ways to adjust timing, and he said cut off about 3 coils from the ejector spring and that should produce the effect I'm looking for.

I did that today(about 10 minutes total time) and won't be able to check out the results until this weekend.

Has anyone else done this before and what were your results?

The reason I like the brass to fall at the 2 o'clock position is because I shoot lefty and just feel better about my rifle not putting brass in my face.  So this proceedure is probably not done buy most people

thanks for any inpput David
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I did mine for the same reason you did yours; I got tired of the damn brass heading off into the next zip code behind and to the right. I don't know about cutting off 3 coils all at once, though. Mine took 2, and it drops them at not quite 2 o' clock. Since it's a trial-and-error thing, it's a good idea to have a couple of spare ejector springs handy in case you trim off just a little too much, also.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top