Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:57:49 PM EDT
Just wondering...

Has anyone built a gun with carbine-length handguards on a Dissy barrel?  You know, put a handguard cap on the functional gas block, not the front sight?  I think the end result would be kind of,... Dragunov-looking?

You'd get the same sight radius as the dissy, but save some handguard weight,... anyone?  How about a Photo-Shopped image?  

What would this freak build be called?  "Mini-pator?"  Dragon-pator? Dissynov?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it would be call Dissy-gusting!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

LOL,... +1,

...but c'mon, can't I be responsible for starting a new configuration?  Haha, it's ugly, but it'd be mine  One of you bottomless-pits-of-AR-parts and sources-of-endless-funding HAS to have enough spare parts lying around to fab one up quickly
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
how about gas block in front of the FSB?

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=261626

Ugly? Well, it was a proof of concept design (and damn cheap to make really!)
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it would look cool maybe. Worth seeing though.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:33:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+2
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:44:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I have my AR setup like that. I have a YHM frontsight clamped on a 16" barrel with a milled down gas block. 4 years of shooting an M16 in the Army and never an M4, I decided to stick with the sight radius that I was used to.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have my AR setup like that. I have a YHM frontsight clamped on a 16" barrel with a milled down gas block. 4 years of shooting an M16 in the Army and never an M4, I decided to stick with the sight radius that I was used to.

PIC?  I'd like to see that!  Please post one when Santa brings you that digital camera!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure there's some ASSWAD with "look at me" syndrome sporting one of those somewhere!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#9]
something like this?  im puttin rifle length handguards on and was checking the sight radius.  still prefer rifle length handguards so others dont rest the barrel on sandbags.  it would look better with a gas block on there.  similiar to a match rifle but with visible gas tube.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#10]
What the f*ck is going on in here?  This is just stupid talk...

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

www.hunt101.com/img/357885.JPG

That's kinda what I meant!  I would've built it on a standard barrel with a short gas system, but yeah, something like that!

Not sure why I'm getting all the flames ... I just thought it'd be neat to see another AR variant!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top