Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 7/16/2008 2:57:55 PM EST
I would like to find out if it is worth buying or not. I would only be using it to go the range or plinking in the desert, no combat or police work. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 3:20:29 PM EST
i dont know about on an AR platform, but i have a buddy the shoots IPSC with one on his glock. i think he paid $100 or so on ebay for it, and hes had it a year. its got to be more brutal on top of that 9mm pistol than on an AR, and its lasted longer than we all expected.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 3:25:47 PM EST
I have a G&P 551 clone.

Standard screw mounts suck.(kept coming loose) *fixed problem with loctite.

Holds a zero (16in. AR carbine)

Bright enough to see in daylight. (with the green rec.)

I get some glare off the glass.

I don't know about battery life yet (havent had to replace mine)

The recticle is the problem for ME. It's a standard 65moa ring with a *advertised 8moa dot. The dot is a tad bigger than 8moa. (more like 10+moa)

I think I payed $75 bucks shipped.

These things are for the range only. I would never trust it with my life.

I don't know what kind of plinkin you do, but @100yds, shooting for tight groups is out of the question.

If all you want to do is get on man-sized targets quickly at 50yds. or less it will work.

Seriously though, just save the $75 in your sock droor, and put it towards the real thing. Or if you want a lightly used one, shoot me an IM.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:23:45 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/18/2008 11:24:10 AM EST by Unicron]
i almost got fooled a couple weekends ago from a random guy at a gunshow selling one for $250. he didn't say it was fake.

I couldn't tell it was fake, and almost jumped on it.
I should have been suspicious...because the reticle was green.

I ran into him later on and said he unloaded it for $225 to some poor shmo; he admitted to me at that point it was fake.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:30:16 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:11:53 PM EST
height=8
Originally Posted By CSGunWorkscom:
For what you are looking for I would recommend the SPOT.
http://www.csgunworks.com/product_images/3144.jpg

S.P.O.T. (Superior Precision Optical Technologies) Red Dot Spotting Scope / Mark III High Quality, 30mm Red Dot Spotting Scope. 3MOA Dot, 150 hour run time, Water Resistant, 11 position, rheostat, Cantilever Scope Mount Included

Mike @ CSGW

www.csgunworks.com
mike@csgunworks.com

Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS on AR15.com
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS on Snipersparadise
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS on the HIDE

thanks but I want the look of the eotech which is why I want the ebay one IF it where to at least hold zero.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:47:31 PM EST
The Bushnell HoloSight IS an EOTech, just cheaper. Save the dough and buy one of them then you won't have to ask the above question.
Top Top