Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 9:44:22 PM EDT
Boy I sure have had one.  My first mistake was buying an AR from Hesse.  However I wanted one in 17 Rem so I had the local gun store order it for me as they could get it cheaper.  Well right out the gate it was blowing primers out of the pocket on about 1 of 8 shots or so with factory ammo from Remington.  So I loaded a few with lighter loads and that still didnt help.
So I come to AR15.com, its a wonderful place with lots of great people and info.
A guy with the handle of jarheadgunner from Prescott AZ answered my call for help.  Another guy vouched for him on this site as well.  So I send my upper to him.  He asked that I pay part of the bill so he could buy the parts.  He emailed me with what was wrong with it.  I did mailed him some bucks.  He kept me updated for sometime about what was going on with it.  Then the emails got fewer and fewer.  Due to my job as a federal firefighter and being gone out of town alot working, I couldnt give this as much attention as it obliviously needed.
So now Im out my upper from Hesse so I have no evidence to sue with, a new bolt and carrier from Pete in NH, and the money I sent.
The gunsmith, jarheadgunner, was Charles Heaton of Alices Armorers in Prescott AZ.
Just thought Id share and remind folks that they have to be careful with who they deal with.  Ill deal online again but Ill be more careful in the future.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a forum for Feedback on the Equipment Exchange area for this type of thing. I would suggest you put a similar post there with as many details as you can document and hopefully someone will know of these people and can do some poking around for you. Also since this guy was in AZ perhaps a post in the AZ Hometown forum can get you some local feedback.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=109[/url]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]
After your experience sounds like you need to buy an AR from a reputable manufacturer, who has a lifetime warranty on their parts, like Olympic or Rock River Arms. Or at least one that warrantees their products for a year like Bushmaster. I always try to warn people about Hesse, they have always had issues, and poor customer service in my experience. They are now Vulcan Arms.

Sorry for you bad luck, hope your next experience goes better.

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:11:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Recently I got a blessing out from a arf.com'er because I didn't up and send something to a gunsmith he recommended. Instead of taking his "advice" without question, I posted on separate forums fishing for a diversity of opinions.  About the only way to prove things out on the internet.

People here need to understand that anyone can say or be anything on the internet.  While someone may be everything they say they are, we on the other side of the keyboard may not have any confirmation of that.  Just like your experience, claims have to be checked out.  If someone is a legit businessperson, they would most certainly do the same thing and would understand.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top