Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/15/2008 7:23:40 AM EDT
A just called Bass Pro in Harrisburg PA to verify it was in stock and it is - Q3131 (NOT Q3131A).  20 round boxes for $10.99 each.  They have 2 - 1000 round cases available plus some other 20 round boxes left out of another case, but will NOT offer a discounted case price so it would be $549.50 per case, plus tax.  

I'm going to pass on it but thought maybe someone else in the area might want some.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#1]
What a fucking rip off.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 9:30:37 AM EDT
[#2]
The Bass Pro here in Nashville has Q3131 for $10.99 a box as well...rip off is right.  I remember when $3.99 was the norm and twice a year they ran a $2.99 special.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#3]
You people all need to STOP feeding these retailers with rediculous prices!  Buy uppers and lowers and new rifles as this time next year you may not be able to buy new assault rifles!
That ammo should realistically cost about $250 a case with current inflation-$300 I feel is still too high for foreign surplus.  I found one of my receipts from 2005 when it was $144 plus tax at Bass Pro!  And that was Q3131A from Israel!
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
10.99 a box is for suckers
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:16:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Or those who bought their first AR and have no good, made in USA, mil-spec M193.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:49:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or those who bought their first AR and have no good, made in USA, mil-spec M193.

Huge +1..........Some people here don't get it. There are always new AR owners trying to buy the best for their rifle and havent discovered AFCOM yet. Well even then, some people here were holding off the XM193 at $6.99 because they were gonna buy it at $250 a K Just imagine if how many people buy new cars each month, same thing with AR's specially with this election coming up people are buying those black fifles like there's no tomorrow and sol they will buy the ammo.

BTW. I did see some Q3131 at my local Bass Pro also at $10.99.

223SAINT
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huge +1..........Some people here don't get it. There are always new AR owners trying to buy the best for their rifle and havent discovered AFCOM yet. Well even then, some people here were holding off the XM193 at $6.99 because they were gonna buy it at $250 a K Just imagine if how many people buy new cars each month, same thing with AR's specially with this election coming up people are buying those black fifles like there's no tomorrow and sol they will buy the ammo.

223SAINT

I do not know if M/XM193 will ever be $250/k again, but I have no need to pay current prices.  Everyone’s situation varies.  I do agree some people simply are not familiar w/ ammo options in .223/5.56 or cheaper sources, and people new to the caliber probably see current pricing as “normal”.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I think it is a combination of several things. (BTW, Gander Mountain had it for $12.99/box last time I looked. I go there every couple months on the off chance they actually have something I want at a reasonable price.)
People coming late to AR's. They have GOT to have it, don't care the price. They buy the gun, some ammo, and then they are set as far as they are concerned. They want to have it to have it, no other reason. They don't shoot it, won't clean it, but they "have it in case they need it."
This kind of attitude lets the places jack up the prices, and once the Fudds are gone, they try to charge the rest of us that. Some see this as a seller's market, and they can charge whatever they want, even if the gun is just short of junk. As long as enough people are panicking and buying guns, ammo, mags, etc., before what they perceive as a ban coming in the next year or so, it will not stop.
I would like a precision bolt action rifle, and maybe a shotgun, but if I bought no more guns, I am OK with what I have. I am still getting some ammo, but I am in almost the same situation. More would be better, but what I have would be OK too. (Except maybe for .22lr, I still want a few more cases)
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Bottom line.....

I would hate to be just getting into the "AR" scene.  I truely feel fortunate to have all the ammo I will ever need.  Period.

Maj
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 1:20:04 PM EDT
[#10]
height=8
Quoted:
Bottom line.....

I would hate to be just getting into the "AR" scene.  I truely feel fortunate to have all the ammo I will ever need.  Period.

Maj

You should, I'm new to this so I'm boned no matter what.  I have managed to pick up 2 cases in that past weeks, and the price wasn't near what some members have paid in the past.  I do feel fortunate to find the resources to acquire an EBR earlier this year.  Now I just need to muster up the cash for an M82a1.  ha
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#11]
i'm also new and i remember the old prices from the gun shows a few years back when i had an sks and a couple pistols to feed. i thought it was kinda high then for .223-5.56 !now i actually have 2 ar's and wish i wasn't such a dumbass back then without much foresight!vendor at the show last month had prvi partisan $90 a bp(he got the what are you,retarded look)
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

223SAINT

That's a little steep but I think anytime you see more of the good stuff it helps as it's more competition and competition is never a bad thing. FWIW I was in Bass Pro the other day here in Orlando and the only .223 they had was Rem. UMC as usual. I'm in the new to the AR category too and am still stocking up on the real 5.56mm stuff every chance I get to pickup a few boxes. I've got a few gift cards sitting around to Bass Pro so I'll have to check back in a week to see if they get any in here.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Same here in Shreveport, LA.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top