Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 5:49:47 PM EDT
Ok, question asked before. I want to mount the bipod but I don't want to mount it to the hand guard. Is there any other way?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Where would you prefer to mount it?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#2]
At one time I remember seeing a bipod that mounted via teh fron take down pins. Will try to find a photo. I would not mount one like that but it is different.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Where do you expect to mount it?  

Get a sandbag if you dont want to mount it onto the rifle.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess you could always get something like this and clamp the sucker to your barrel.  I wouldn't but it seems that you have something else in mind.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I already have a harris bipod and the only mount I can find mounts to the hand guard. One must file the hand guard to fit the mounting stud. I would rather mount it on the sling post. Or I sort of remember something that goes on the bayonet lug but I can't find it..
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I already have a harris bipod and the only mount I can find mounts to the hand guard. One must file the hand guard to fit the mounting stud. I would rather mount it on the sling post. Or I sort of remember something that goes on the bayonet lug but I can't find it..

"...file the handguard to fit the mounting stud ..."

Are you refering to drilling a hole on the heatshields to pass the stud through?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

There is no need to file anything.  
The mount should look like this:  http://adcofirearms.com/acc/acimages/BiPod%20Adapter.jpg
adcofirearms.com/aracc.cfm?page=acc

One piece goes inside the HG, the other small flat piece outside the HG, and your stud threads through both.  It uses a  pre-existing hole in the handguards (vent holes).

ETA:  If you have double-shield handguards...just drill one of the hole through.  Piece of cake!  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top