Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/8/2006 5:49:47 PM EDT
Ok, question asked before. I want to mount the bipod but I don't want to mount it to the hand guard. Is there any other way?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:51:26 PM EDT
Where would you prefer to mount it?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:27:12 PM EDT
At one time I remember seeing a bipod that mounted via teh fron take down pins. Will try to find a photo. I would not mount one like that but it is different.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:32:47 PM EDT
Where do you expect to mount it?

Get a sandbag if you dont want to mount it onto the rifle.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:40:30 PM EDT
I guess you could always get something like this and clamp the sucker to your barrel. I wouldn't but it seems that you have something else in mind.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:51:13 PM EDT
I already have a harris bipod and the only mount I can find mounts to the hand guard. One must file the hand guard to fit the mounting stud. I would rather mount it on the sling post. Or I sort of remember something that goes on the bayonet lug but I can't find it..
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:55:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By clutchsmoke:
I already have a harris bipod and the only mount I can find mounts to the hand guard. One must file the hand guard to fit the mounting stud. I would rather mount it on the sling post. Or I sort of remember something that goes on the bayonet lug but I can't find it..

"...file the handguard to fit the mounting stud ..."

Are you refering to drilling a hole on the heatshields to pass the stud through?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:57:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 7:00:20 PM EDT by -spooky-]

Originally Posted By clutchsmoke:

There is no need to file anything.
The mount should look like this: http://adcofirearms.com/acc/acimages/BiPod%20Adapter.jpg
adcofirearms.com/aracc.cfm?page=acc

One piece goes inside the HG, the other small flat piece outside the HG, and your stud threads through both. It uses a pre-existing hole in the handguards (vent holes).

ETA: If you have double-shield handguards...just drill one of the hole through. Piece of cake!
Top Top